Shop local

M

mh08

I was just in bargain barn and noticed they have a bushnell camera on sale for $189. They have a price comparison ad for the camera from bass pro for $249. They have another one for $161 and have a cabellas ad for $199. With the economy not getting any stronger, it really helps these local guys when you buy from them. When you buy from a national store or on-line that money doesn't even help your local bank. Price shop your local stores (bargain barn, adventure outdoors, franklins, etc.) and if they are higher ask them if they will price match. It also keeps people in your local community working.

kinross

i was in there the other day and was looking at that also. If it was me i would take the cuddeback ,i know they sell the cuddeback for around 250 i think cabelas has the same capture IR camera on sale for around $200, plus you dont get stuck with the tax. Sometimes you get a bargin there and sometimes not

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I agree with you, but sometimes them local stores are WAY OVER PRICED. My ACE Hardware here on 92 is where I love to go, but way over priced.......box of .22 mag Remington accutip v for $22.99 whereas 16.97@ Walmart when they have them. I found the Hornadys at a Blue Ridge Pawn shop for $12.99!! I Bought 2 boxes!
30/30Corelokts are $32.99 at the ACE. I just bought my bud a box of them for $14.99 at the same pawn shop!! I am looking for an excuse to get back up to Blue Ridge so I can go to that Pawn shop again.
BTW- it is on the main drag in BR. They had an Abundance of stuff, including a bathroom:p and super nice people!! When in Blue Ridge, ya gotta stop by!!

Torre87

Its Blue Ridge Pawn Shop, I live and work walking distance from it. Great people and good prices. I have bought several guns and tons of ammo there. :cool:

wozbean

I can't speak for gun shops because I haven't tried it yet. BUT when I tried to buy some car stuff local and asked them to honor an internet store price all I got was a lecture on how they hate the internet. I DID end up spending an EXTRA $25 on the part locally ($300 vs $250) I had to add shipping to the $250 (roughly $25). He was originally at like $325 before I was able to talk him down a little. However I really didn't need the lecture about the local guy has more overhead and such.

kinross

Blue ridge pawn shop had alot of primers and powder when i was in there last. not a bad range of rifles either

I can't speak for gun shops because I haven't tried it yet. BUT when I tried to buy some car stuff local and asked them to honor an internet store price all I got was a lecture on how they hate the internet. I DID end up spending an EXTRA $25 on the part locally ($300 vs $250) I had to add shipping to the $250 (roughly $25). He was originally at like $325 before I was able to talk him down a little. However I really didn't need the lecture about the local guy has more overhead and such.

I've also gotten the lecture before a couple of times. I always cut them off. I say something like, "Look, either you're gonna to help me out on your price, or I'm gonna buy it from the other place, because you're too expensive." Sometimes they want to make the sale, sometimes they don't.

Last edited:

Oldstick

Well I try to whenever I can, but they have to at least act like they want or appreciate the business, which is sadly lacking in a lot of smaller operations.

Not that the big places are immune either but they do usually have clear, established customer relations and service policies that their employees are supposed to follow.

Paddle

It is a two way street. If the small guy has something I need at a good price then I'll buy from him. It is not my responsibility to stop buy their business every month and see if they need money. I'm a consumer, I' m going to shop where it's best for ME!!

Remember, Sam Walton started out a small guy with a product that people wanted. So did Lowe's, Home Depot, Mattel's, Apple, Microsoft..................................