need some suggestions/input

Buster

I live in Arkansas--my grandson lives in middle GA.
He wants me to take him deer hunting. This year is not doable.
However I was wanting to get some ideas for next year.
He will be 11 yo.
I would like something in the middle Ga area ( within 75-100 miles of Macon) One of the earlier hunts when the weather may not be terribly cold.
A Thursday Friday or Friday Saturday hunt would be best.
I had thought about a hunt on one of the islands but the logistics make that unlikely.
Camping would be good but not mandatory.
Any ideas or inout would be appreciated
TIA

Dr. Strangelove

Most WMAs have camping areas, but middle GA is eat up with deer. Either look for a WMA in that area or have his parents put the word out that he wants to hunt with his granddad. Good folks in middle GA, I'm sure someone will oblige.

wranglerjoe1968

I have a rancher friend that sells hunts on his ranch in thomaston. Has a lodge meals and what not. I do not know the price but I do think 8 points are better

dertiedawg

One of the earlier hunts when the weather may not be terribly cold.
TIA

Keep in mind that this is Georgia and the earlier months are HOT. Mornings in late October / early November are best (in my opinion) as far as temps go. Find a WMA and take him scouting... then plan and hit the woods with him when it opens. Good luck.

Philbow

River Bend WMA had an adult/child hunt this year in late October and general gun hunts in November and December. The hunts should occur around the same time next year and it is fairly close to Macon. It is just southeast of Dublin. And there are/were showers there.