mouth calling

deuce1

i like these!

You can't go wrong with Primos or HS Strut. I listen to mine just to stay tuned up during the season. I didn't like the Quaker Boy CD.

icdedturkes

I would highly recommend staying away from DVDs Cds with folks giving instructions... Repeated listening to one person will teach you to sound like that person and not a turkey... To get your started have a buddy help or do some reading on line there is plenty of it..

I would however buy CDs with real turkeys..

Tree Top Turkeys 1 and 2
Lovett Williams Series of Real Turkeys
HS STRUT real Talk CD DVD Combo
Knight and Hale spittin feathers.

bangbird

I don't think he's asking help with how to sound like a turkey. He's wanting help with learning how to use a mouth call. There's a difference.

palmettoswamp

just surf youtube and the net for some free instructional segments and then listen to some real hens--practice, practice, practice!!

Dont waste your $$$ on some overpriced dvd.

Brad

You dont have to be able to make every sound a turkey makes with a mouth call to use one in the woods. Start out trying to cluck and plain yelp at first. If all you can do is cluck then when in the woods just use it to cluck and make the other sounds with another call. When a gobbler is in close a few simple clucks can sometimes be all it takes to seal the deal. When youre not in the woods practice with the other sounds until you feel comfortable making them when youre hunting. From the time deer season ends until turkey season starts I have a diaphragm in my mouth whenever Im driving. Im a truck driver so I have plenty of time to practice. It normally takes me a week or so before I am back to feeling confident enough with all of the sounds to try them in the woods,still ninety percent of what I do with a mouth call when hunting is clucking and purring.

dtucker

Hey there camoman 1 if you want to be a successful Turkey Hunter try lots of calls to find the ones that you will prefer. Start out with a simple push button cal as it is the easiest for a beginner. Second get you a box call as they are also pretty easy to learn. Next get you a good pot call. The best one for me has been a Roberts Brother's Wormy Chestnut call with assorted strikers. They are made in Oakwood Ga. and it has been a champion call being featured in F & S 2006 Best of the Best issue. Look @ Robertsbrothers.com Lastly get you some mouth calls as they are the hardest to master. With mouth calls the more reeds the call has the harder it is to master. I like Tom Teasers and Tommy Walton makes them in Mansfield Ga. You can purchase them @ tom teasers.com You can read about Tommy Waltons Tom Teasers calls on this very website. I used all these calls last year to call up many beautiful Spring Gobblers. I hope this helps you because I learned this information from multiple professional call makers as well as numerous veteran turkey hunters. " Pass it own " Eddie Salters.

Latest posts