Bearded Hen

BubbaD

Saw her quite a few times last year but never got a good picture. Here is the best shot I have so far. She is under the Y in Terry:

Attachments

• Bearded Hen.JPG
    Bearded Hen.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 155

Arrow3

Ive saw a good many over the years...Longest one was about 8 inches but was pencil thin...Thanks for the pic.

beginnersluck

fulldraw74 said:
I was expecting to see a pic of my ex-wife......:D
That's funny right there. :bounce: :bounce: I've seen several bearded hens on the property I hunt...must be a genetic trait. I saw one last year that was double bearded with probably 6+ inch beards!

alex30808

Here is a photo of a bearded lady I use in some of my calls...this photo was taken with a game camera and she has been seen quite a few times since...this is the only photo of her where you can see the beard clearly.

003_3.jpg

Pilgrim

Looks like a great reason to shoot a hen.

Arrow3

doeslayr said:

Be a good reason for you to get a fine too....:rofl: ::ke:

Gadget

doeslayr said:

In several states, including NC, they define a legal turkey as a "bearded Turkey", which would include hens but here in Ga they're not legal. I think they define a legal bird as a gobbler in Ga.

Nice pics guys. I never seen a bearded hen on my property in Ga, but seen one in Alabama last year along with a couple of grey phase hens, they were wild looking, would love to kill a gobbler that looked like that but the non typical color phases usually only show up in hens for some reason.

SCPO

georgiaastro
look close and you can see rope tied to there ankles. i think he said when turkey season got here he was going to unti o i had better not go there. might be a game warden looking.

Georgiaastro

SCPO said:
georgiaastro
look close and you can see rope tied to there ankles. i think he said when turkey season got here he was going to unti o i had better not go there. might be a game warden looking.
He may not even untie them, he may just add a little more rope to it so it will be just a little farther away.:rofl: ::ke:

BubbaD

Why do I get this strange feeling I am going to regret introducing you two dudes:p

Last edited:

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
We used to see one all the time on a propety i had. I was trying to call a longbeard for zachattacks girl friend, The bearded lady came in and stood about 2 yards from us for ever. I thought the young lady was going to have a heart attack she was breathing so hard.