Shotkam gun barrel video camera I was surprised by the quality

ghadarits

So my wife is getting into shooting and I wanted to be able to show her what was happening and for me to be able to see where she was aiming. The shotkam4 is pretty good. Good enough that you can watch you shot spread out in each frame with the right background. The shot pictured was a clear miss but it shows the wad and shot well.
From my experience so far the shotkam4 gets a thumbs up.
1707302143570.png

Baroque Brass

I’ve used one for shooting clays and it’s a great gadget, but for me it’s a bit pricey.

ghadarits

I’ve used one for shooting clays and it’s a great gadget, but for me it’s a bit pricey.
They are proud of them but every once in a while they run a sale so if you're in the market keep checking and eventually you'll catch them on sale.

Reactions: Dub

ghadarits

sometimes in your situation it is better to show your spouse than to TELL your spouse. I see this happen at the club or range too often, Good on you! I don't see why any instructor couldn't benefit from one of them.
Jester896 I'm not sure if you realize how profound a statement that is. I've been married for 36 years so have had a lot of opportunity to not explain stuff correctly.
Any shooting instructor would benefit from having one of these I would think.

Reactions: Dub

NCMTNHunter

I’ve been seeing a bunch of videos from these. Do you have to calibrate the dot to your point of aim somehow or is it pretty close to start with?

Baroque Brass

I’ve been seeing a bunch of videos from these. Do you have to calibrate the dot to your point of aim somehow or is it pretty close to start with?
When I’ve used it, there’s an app on the phone that’s used to align the dot with your sight picture.

Baroque Brass

sometimes in your situation it is better to show your spouse than to TELL your spouse. I see this happen at the club or range too often, Good on you! I don't see why any instructor couldn't benefit from one of them.
The instructor could charge extra for ShotKam to offset some of the cost.

ghadarits

You have to calibrate it when first setting it up then it’s supposed to be set. I calibrate each time I use it but it’s usually fairly close. You will want to calibrate when changing to a different gauge shotgun. It’s all done via an app you can download onto your phone. I use an IPad to take advantage of the bigger screen when viewing videos.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Jester896 I'm not sure if you realize how profound a statement that is. I've been married for 36 years so have had a lot of opportunity to not explain stuff correctly.
Any shooting instructor would benefit from having one of these I would think.
it isn't profound...I've been married 46 years and still don't get it right...one of the 2 things I am thankful for every morning is that I don't have a skillet imprint on my face...lawd knows I deserve it.

Last edited: