Who does this?

EEFowl

Who uses thier scope or night vision scope as a pair on bionoculars to to identify a target?

If you are a night vision hunter do you have seperate night vision equipment to use to identify targets and a night vision scope for your gun?

Who has ever shot a bobcat or fox, out of season, at night while hunting coyotes? And if you did what did you do after you shot it?

EF

bigreddwon

I use a thermal spotting scope to locate and identify targets. I dont even turn my rifle mounted scopes on until I've closed the gap and am ready to shoot. I give my guest shooters thermal spotting scopes to use as well, nothing worse than the guy behind you raising his rifle to get a peek at the hogs ahead of us in the dark! We get into position, then crank up the scopes flip off the safety and drop them. NO out of season animals shot, just hogs.

This picture was taken just before we shot from the mounted scope. The handheld was used to find them and get to them.

Attachments

• Hogs @ 35 yards.jpg
    Hogs @ 35 yards.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 490

EEFowl

155 views and 1 reply.
I wonder if that means that most are afraid to admit they use their scope to identify targets and on occausion shoot an animal out of season?

EF

squirrelhunter912

i do use my scope as binos but never turn my safety off untill im positive its the correct species. i have not yet killed any animalas out of season

goob

Who uses thier scope or night vision scope as a pair on bionoculars to to identify a target?

If you are a night vision hunter do you have seperate night vision equipment to use to identify targets and a night vision scope for your gun?

Who has ever shot a bobcat or fox, out of season, at night while hunting coyotes? And if you did what did you do after you shot it?

EF

So your asking who all has ever broke the law and killed something out of season? Your not gonna get people to tell lol. Im always sure of my target before I shoot.

I've never used night vision, but I have sat in a box stand on a full moon night overlooking a fresh gutpile on a right of way. The dang coyotes in Clarke County are too smart. Several times, I sat there for 2-3 hours with my Leupold scope at the ready, but every dark spot would turn into a deer when I'd look through the scope. No, I didn't shoot them. Every time, I would go back to camp and get some sleep, and when I returned to the stand for the morning hunt, the gutpile was gone. Somehow, the coyotes knew when I was in that stand. I hunted that stand many many hours in 4 years in that club, and I never once saw a coyote from it, although tracks were everywhere around it.

bigreddwon

I've never used night vision, but I have sat in a box stand on a full moon night overlooking a fresh gutpile on a right of way. The dang coyotes in Clarke County are too smart. Several times, I sat there for 2-3 hours with my Leupold scope at the ready, but every dark spot would turn into a deer when I'd look through the scope. No, I didn't shoot them. Every time, I would go back to camp and get some sleep, and when I returned to the stand for the morning hunt, the gutpile was gone. Somehow, the coyotes knew when I was in that stand. I hunted that stand many many hours in 4 years in that club, and I never once saw a coyote from it, although tracks were everywhere around it.

Many times a yote will circle something they are thinking about comming in on out of sight, sampling the wind all the way around. Once they catch your wind they are gone. With thermal its real easy to see them weaving in and out of the tree line making their circle, once they get down wind I stop seeing them at all if they are smart.

bigbird1

We use pvs7 goggles to spot and stalk, then set up with the rifle mounted D760 nv scopes for the take down. We only take hogs, no other animals.

Coastie

155 views and 1 reply.
I wonder if that means that most are afraid to admit they use their scope to identify targets and on occausion shoot an animal out of season?

EF

More likely there are very few of us that can afford or use night vision equipment but are interested none the less in your post.

snookdoctor

155 views and 1 reply.

I think people don't want to admit they are an idiot by using their scope to identify their target, or they do the correct thing and use their eyes or binos.

Are you a troll?

new blood

Still Waiting

I'm still waiting too see if there is anyone idiotic enough to fall into this trap and reply that they have broken the law by not identifing their target and mistakingly shot animals out of season. Funny how this thread gets posted after the tragic accident of an agricultural officer being shot by night hunters. Especially when the thread starter has a picture of a vehicle resembling the DNR.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I think people don't want to admit they are an idiot by using their scope to identify their target, or they do the correct thing and use their eyes or binos.

Are you a troll?

What he said.........

More likely there are very few of us that can afford or use night vision equipment but are interested none the less in your post.

and him too.........

I was actually wondering if maybe YOU did these things you ask and was maybe tryin to figure out what to do next:huh: