Passion owners

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Just got my wife a Mathews Passion. She's a petite little thing with a 23" draw, but she's getting 252fps shooting 231gr HCA Speed Pro! That's cooking from such a short draw. What kind of speeds are ya'll getting?

mudhawg

got my girlfriend one a month ago, Hadn't had it chronoed yet, but it definitely slings it out there. Shes been getting her all the custom pink dampener accessories! Definetly a nice bow tho IMO.

turtlebug

I wanna see one of these on a pink Passion. :smash:

MT-PNK.jpg

I ALMOST put one on my Z7 and did the whole black/pink thing, but I figured that was just TOO bright for hunting. :bounce:

Might have to get one for my 3D bow though. :banana:

whiz

just got my wife a mathews passion. She's a petite little thing with a 23" draw, but she's getting 252fps shooting 231gr hca speed pro! That's cooking from such a short draw. What kind of speeds are ya'll getting?

how many pounds is she shooting?

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I had it on 46lbs and then turned it up a crank and a half, so I'm guessing around 48 or so. Haven't put it on the scale since.

loveatfirstshoot

ok guys. i own a matthews passion bow camo pink and black string with ultra rest hd drop away arrow rest, dead end string stop axion archery silencer and iron clad fiber optics site. mine is set at 45-48 pounds 23 inch draw. i am putting a arrow out right at 300... but i am using ultra light arrows and if i use a broad head i use 85 grain broadhead. did not know if any of this was useful the ultra light arrows made a big difference and make sure the length is cut right for the bow..

KMckie786

My wifes passion with target arrows (ultralight 600) 265 grains at 27" draw and roughly 44#'s .. was shooting 280fps

for hunting I set her up with ulralight 500's cut to the same length with 100gr broadheads and put her bow at 50#'s ... havnt chronoed it but if I had to guess its probably in the 265-ish range???

Her DL helps alot ... she has monkey arms haha ... dont tell her I said that. She shoots about a 1/2" shorter draw than me.

turtlebug

Hmmm, maybe I bought the wrong bow. Z7 50# @ 27" shooting Maxima 250's and a 100 grain broadhead and only getting around 280. :huh:

RCaughman

I have a camo Passion for sale mint condition, Apex 5 pin sight,apex magnetic quiver,micro adjust biscuit,meto peep, dead end string stop,leather strap,limb saver dampners.
This is a sweet bow for any short person, I'm a pan that say if they get close enough to see the flowers is usualy dead. Great womens bow, wife has a pink one,not for sale, this is camo 26 " draw I can change cam if need be. I paid $950.00 new This is mint condition selling for $500.00 complete with a $60.00 case, turn key it is a 60 lb bow it is aproven shooter of 280 fps, quiet smooth and fast ...