Killed an African Eastern!!!!!!!!!

Check out this birds colors. Fist one that i have seen like this. Killed it then called in a double bearded bird for my freind on the wma yesterday. Long story short we were checking mine out and talking to the game warden while the double beard gobbled his head off for 45 min while my friend finished talking to green jeans. Finally got him to come on and called the bird right in his lap..... his first double beard.

102_0875.jpg

102_0877.jpg

102_0878.jpg

102_0881.jpg

102_0882.jpg

102_0883.jpg

102_0887.jpg

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I seriously doubt crossing cultural reference language for descriptives for a turkeys colorations would be anymore appropriate than a member posting a turkey with albino characteristics and calling it a cracker turkey. The mind, what a terrible thing to waste.:rolleyes:

http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/new_turkey_look.html

Melanistic characteristics would be the correct terminology. The only fowl errantly called a turkey from Africa would be the Guinea fowl.

http://www.wildturkeyzone.com/wildturkey/species.htm

""To compound the difficulties the English had with this immigrant fowl, at about the same time, the 1530s, Portuguese merchants reintroduced the guinea-fowl from West Africa, which had last been seen in England at the time of the Romans. As it was the same Levant merchants who brought this into the country, the guinea fowl was also known for a time as the "Turkey bird", though this confusion didn't last long. For example, the heraldic arms granted to William Strickland in 1550 featured "a turkey-bird in his pride proper" and the bird shown is quite definitely a proper turkey.""

I like cracker turkey..... It has a ring to it, and their tasty too!
Humor, What a terrible thing to be without!

Last edited:

kenlr4

Cool bird. The first bird I sver shot was more black than any other color. It was a jake. I shot it a couple of years ago and I still have the wings and the fan but did not get it mounted .

Attachments

• DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 674
  • DSC00050.jpg
    DSC00050.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 675
  • DSC00052.jpg
    DSC00052.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 680
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 657

G Duck

Yes, a Melanistic bird, second one I have seen killed this season.
Congrats!

wow i didnt mean to offend anyone. just meant that african natives are usually black. Just thought that it might be migratory.

who would spend so much time doing guinea reaserch to make a point......must be one of Obamas czars.

Latest posts