Yellow Jackets

Jimmyp

yesterday while showing a fellow his area on our lease he said "can you look at my back, I think I got into some ants or something as they are stinging my back" he turned around and had more yellow jackets on his back than I have ever seen in my life, you could not see his shirt for the varmints. I knocked them off, and we ran, they chased us about an 1/8 of a mile back to our trucks and got me 4 times! He had 20 stings at last count. Viscious varmints, we must have disturbed a significant nest! 24 hours latter and they still are smarting!!

Yellow jackets

They fear nothing and no one. And will fight to the death.
If you are allergic the death could yours. :cry:

Harbuck

Yellow Jackets and Hornets seem to be bad this year. I have already killed / destroyed 2 hornets nest on my property a yellow Jacket nest at my church and my brother had a YJ nest that he killed at his home aswell. I never seen so many around here as I have this year. But I can't remember the last time I seen a honey bee, and thats NOT a good thing. I've been thinkin bout getting a hive of my own there getting really scarce around here.

ehunt

i had a nest of jap. hornets in my camper at our lease this year. not there during turk. season but after i killed the nest i took the nest out and it wouldnt fit in a 5 gallon bucket-round ways, and was1/2 as tall as the bucket. 6 cans of 20 ft. spray and alot of run run run run got rid of them!!!!!

ECoker

I got stung 20 + times about a month ago while bush hogging my huntin property. They got me 3 times on the head, on the lip on the eye browl. I had to go to the ER and get 2 shots. I hear if you have on red YJ will go after you quicker.

Boar Hog

I was stung twice over a week ago while cutting grass, once on the stomach and the other on the back of my head. The sting on the head felt as if someone popped me with a hammer.The knot is still on my head and is still sore.

Ihunt

Your friend is tougher than me. I would have been yelling to get them off of me. They hurt!

NEGA Hog Hunter

i was walking through a laurel thicket yesterday and stirred up a nest of yellow jackets,wounded up getting stung 4 times . i will bet that if someone had been at the bottom of that mountian they would have thought a bear was coming off the ridge . even though it was thick as could be i couldnt stay in there any longer,imagine if them jokers got as big as a bird.

Catfish369

I got into a nest of these things a couple years ago on the bow season opener, and got stung 6 times on one hand, 5 on the other, and 3 times elsewhere including the crotch. Was not a great start for the morning and I won't even explain my reaction to this event but will say that my brother (he was with me) still laughs to this day when we talk about it. I continued the game plan and went on to the stand. Once in the stand I took a Benadryl (always carry in my daypack) and the day did get better with a nice doe for my troubles.

I have noticed around the yard that yellow-jackets, as well as a ton of other insects, seem to have had a population explosion this year. The food chain has also reacted in kind, with the frogs and other bug-eaters also having their numbers increase this year. Going to be an interesting hunting season I think.

jp94

While scouting on cohutta I got into some yellow jackets and they got me twice in my lip. It was very painful! Did I mention it was very painful.

MoonPie

Past experiance says keep the eyes open. Even thats not always good.

Do not run over a nest while on a tractor in the middle of nowhere.