Kentucky pulibc land turkey hunting

cbig1981

Anyone been up there and got any tips on WMA's? I was looking at the Daniel Boone National Forest which is over 600,000 acres and supposedly has turkeys. There is a lot of other public land through out the state. Any advise is appreciated.

Turkeydoghunter

Dont get lost lol...seriously its steep where i hunted but the turkeys are there....i love western KY better

KY Red

Daniel Boone is very big, lots of turkeys and elk. :fine: Peabody in Western KY, LBL (land between lakes) is a popular spot with lots of turkeys, also west.

turk2di

Daniel Boone is very big, lots of turkeys and elk. :fine: Peabody in Western KY, LBL (land between lakes) is a popular spot with lots of turkeys, also west.
Check with the newest maps on Peabody, alot of it has been pulled from the WMA agreement & is being mined again. LBL is a great place but has a 1 bird limit & a 20$ permit. Daniel Boone is HUGE & loaded with birds! There is Pennyrile state forest in Christian co is a good place to go, nearly all forested tho. Good luck.

cbig1981

Thanks for the advise fellas. I am looking at Land Between the Lakes or Daniel Boone. Kinda leaning toward Boone because it's a little closer and I like hunting in the mountains

cbig1981

Any specific WMA's within Daniel Boone you would recommend? I am looking to walk as far as I have to to get away from the crowds