judging

stringmusic

Just wanted a survey on one Christian judging another Christian, both believing that the other has a true relationship with Christ. You dont have to give me quotes from the Bible just a simple yes or no and short explanation.
There will be another thread on this subject once a good survey has been taken.:pop:

Gabassmaster

Just wanted a survey on one Christian judging another Christian, both believing that the other has a true relationship with Christ. You dont have to give me quotes from the Bible just a simple yes or no and short explanation.
There will be another thread on this subject once a good survey has been taken.:pop:

I believe we should fellowship, but not call another man out on what he believes, and don't try to prove them wrong if it dosen't say if it is right or wrong in the Bible. Nobody can know if that person has a true relationship with god that is between them and the lord. Sometimes i think people worship a whole different Lord than my Lord Jesus Christ though????:pop:

rjcruiser

We are to judge with righteous judgement....but realize that the standard we hold others to is the standard that we'll be held to.

At the end of the day, the law shows how evil we are and that we truly are in need of a Savior.

vanguard1

Banned
the word judge in some cases in the nt is not the right translation, the word is condem , we should not condem one another. we can talk about things and try to help each other, if i can warn someone of the danger of alcohol and what it has done to me and people i know then i have a responsibility to do so.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Re:

I admittedly am a mercy person. I would prefer not to be bound by legalism of rigid rules many of us tend to make as Christians and try to make others abide by them. We alienate too many folks from Jesus because or our rigid stances.

What is better is to Love them like Jesus and allow Jesus to build them up the way He wants. I have never seen anyone who would come to Jesus honestly ever rejected. My God would never do that. But well-meaning but wrong CHristians do it everyday.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
All great comments.

Rather than judge another person, it's best to study the Bible with them.
Maybe both might learn some things.

Lowjack

No one should judge another's estate of Salvation, but we can Judge all things pertaining to life In Christ.

Dominic

Banned
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1B55wEB030?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F1B55wEB030?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
There are situations when judgement should not be made against another:
Romans 14:3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

There are times when one should be very careful about judging another.
1 Corinthians 4:5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

And, there is a definite need to judge inside the church from time to time.
1Cor 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

But be very careful....
James 4:11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Romans 14:3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

1 Corinthians 4:5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.

1Cor 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

But be very careful....
James 4:11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?

Ronnie's right. But speaking for myself, I try not to judge anyone because I'd rather err on the side of caution. Salvation is a personal thing between God and you. My opinion isn't needed.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Ronnie's right. But speaking for myself, I try not to judge anyone because I'd rather err on the side of caution. Salvation is a personal thing between God and you. My opinion isn't needed.

X 2, but if I see someone about to go off the deep end I will try to bring them closer to God and save them from themselves.

Nimrod71

I don't judge others in this respect. Is someone who drinks and goes to bars not a Christian? How do I know? I don't. I have enough of a time trying to keep myself on the road let alone worrying with someone else. They may be having the same troubles as me. God knows each man's heart. I don't. God will take care of everyone and everything in His time.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
no let he who is without sin cast the first stone....pretty much sums it up for me......

This is the second times you've quoted part of this verse tonight.

Just because Jesus spoke those words to a group of people who were making a mistake doesn't mean you and I have a licenses to use it in the same regard.

There are probably times that you would be well served if someone pointed out your Christian shortcoming.
And times that it would be a service to God for you to point out another person's errors.

You could save a persons by keeping them focused, that is, if you yourself are a respected Christian.

vanguard1

Banned
this is the second times you've quoted part of this verse tonight.

Just because jesus spoke those words to a group of people who were making a mistake doesn't mean you and i have a licenses to use it in the same regard.

There are probably times that you would be well served if someone pointed out your christian shortcoming.
And times that it would be a service to god for you to point out another person's errors.

You could save a persons by keeping them focused, that is, if you yourself are a respected christian.

amen ronnie,

vanguard1

Banned
smoking sir is not a christian shortcoming, drinking either.

killing yourself is ok then, harming yourself is ok then, what ever happened to your body being a temple of the holy Spirit?

hey do what ever you want, no need to deny your flesh anything it wants its all good,
after all we are just old sinners no need to change anything,
just pick up your salvation ticket and live anyway you want, after all Jesus did all the work, what do we owe him.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten

But be very careful....

There's probably something to be added, but I sure don't see what it could be. WELL SAID!!

1gr8bldr

First remove the log from your own eye

stringmusic

I'm not talking about salvation.