exclusive turkey lease

1john4:4

What would be a good price for exclusive turkey rights on a 425 acre lease that is loaded with turkeys? any help would be greatly appreciated.

BOB_HARWELL

I pay $1,000 for exclusive turkey rights on 1,800 acres.

BOB

Gaswamp

$200-225

So do we get to know where it is and for how much?

Sorry fellas... Been deer hunting! The property is located in Crisp County. Slap full of turkeys. My brothers boss killed two gobblers in 2008 with 10"+ beards. We do not turkey hunt and are trying to help out with the money we pay for the hunting lease... we pay $11 dollars per acre and was just wondering what would be a good price per acre for Turkey only. I really don't know anything about it other than we are covered up in big birds. Thanks for your advice!

Snood Collector

Thats a broad question...same amount of land say in Fla for example would be 5 times what it would cost in less popular hunting grounds.. I paid $500 for a 500 acre place here in VA last year...it paid for itself. location is a big factor on leases. GOOD lUCK on your search.

Thats a broad question...same amount of land say in Fla for example would be 5 times what it would cost in less popular hunting grounds.. I paid $500 for a 500 acre place here in VA last year...it paid for itself. location is a big factor on leases. GOOD lUCK on your search.

Thanks for the reply. We have a guy that is interested and I think we will let him offer what he thinks it is worth and go from there. We just wanted to know what a fair price for both parties would be so that everyone will be happy. God Bless,
Shane

rutandstrut

Thanks for the reply. We have a guy that is interested and I think we will let him offer what he thinks it is worth and go from there. We just wanted to know what a fair price for both parties would be so that everyone will be happy. God Bless,
Shane

If it doesn't work out with the guy you are talking to...can you contact me? I am interested in leasing some land in Georgia to Turkey Hunt on!