Mossberg SA-20 Turkey setups?

Hardwood

I'm setting up a SA-20 with the 21" barrel. Are any of yall using this gun? What's choke/shell have you had the best luck with? Red dot preferences? Will be my daughter's turkey gun, just wanna get it right for her. Thanks

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’ve got a red dot on mine. Sumtoy choke with hevishot#7. It’s a bird killer. Only problem I’ve encountered is a dirty load like the one I use, will cause the gun not to cycle. Not sure on the newer tss loads so it may just be a hevishot load problem.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Trying to shoot a shotgun like a rifle...there are issues

trad bow

I can’t speak for everyone but my setup shoots such a tight pattern that I indeed shoot it like a rifle.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
I can’t speak for everyone but my setup shoots such a tight pattern that I indeed shoot it like a rifle.
One of the weapon develope guys at Quantico said there was an issue trying to make a shotgun into a rifle...good luck

trad bow

First thing is I said is I shoot mine like a rifle by aiming at a stationary target. Never said I was trying to make a shotgun into a rifle. But there are rifled
Barrel shotguns made for sabot slugs.

My setup is strictly a shotgun set up for turkey hunting. That’s all this gun is about. I indeed shoot it differently than I do my other shotguns.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I'm setting up a SA-20 with the 21" barrel. Are any of yall using this gun? What's choke/shell have you had the best luck with? Red dot preferences? Will be my daughter's turkey gun, just wanna get it right for her. Thanks
I set one up for my buddy that's in a wheelchair. Nice lil gun and super light. We just left it with the round piece and the glow dot on the end for aiming. Put a choke in it somewhere around a .570 constriction so he would have wiggle room with his shots and not such a tight pattern. He shoots #9 tss and had a great season using it this past season. If you want to use a red dot to see if she likes it truglo makes a not so pricey one that does very well.

High road

I decided to go with the factory extended choke that it came with because the Sum Toy choke I have shoots to tight with TSS 9's unless you are hunting on a field. It's topped with a Vortex Venom red dot. Mine used to not cycle when I first got it. Thanks to some info I found online about taking it completely apart and cleaning the factory grease or oil off the gas cylinder parts and lightly oiling it back has fixed the problem. It's been 3 years with no issues since. Great little light weight gun!

cowhornedspike

I have that exact gun. Using an Indian Creek .562 choke and TSS 9 loads it is perfect. It was too tight for me when I tried the .555 first.
I have the Fast Fire 3 on it mounted on a Sumtoy FF mounting base.

Gut_Pile

Get the trigger spring from Mcarbo for it

Best $10 you can spend