PDA

View Full Version : The Fever

ccleroy
12-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Has it hit you yet?I know it's still a poke away but boy my rubber band is getting wound up for the upcoming spring!:yeah:

Gut_Pile
12-02-2010, 01:45 PM
It hasn't gone away yet. I'm more than ready

Bout time you showed back up. We need to start making plans for 2011

ccleroy
12-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Will my Calender is open to hunt with you and Andy anytime this season,it's on my list of things I must do........I'm building days off at work and ready to burn them come 3-15-11!!!About time to start scouting......Cant Wait!!

dawg2
12-02-2010, 02:02 PM
It's always there. I saw a nice group of 17 hens and jennies a couple weeks ago. I sat and watched them for almost an hour. Nice healthy group.

bird_dawg
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Fever hit me about 13 yrs ago and I still haven't gotten over it. I swear I go into a state of depression every year when the season is over. When the Turkeyrama comes around I know its bout that time!!!

Turkeydoghunter
12-02-2010, 02:28 PM
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::c ool:

J Gilbert
12-02-2010, 02:31 PM
I never really came down from the excitement after this past season, and I'm already planning and practicing for the upcoming season now. I'll have my Lovett Williams CD worn out before season comes I'm afraid

Snood Collector
12-02-2010, 03:11 PM
something fierce...

MKW
12-02-2010, 03:22 PM
Will my Calender is open to hunt with you and Andy anytime this season,it's on my list of things I must do........I'm building days off at work and ready to burn them come 3-15-11!!!About time to start scouting......Cant Wait!!

I'm always feverish. Can't seem to shake it!

You and Andy may have to help me out next spring cause as of Jan 1, 2011, I'll be a resident of SC! We're moving there right after Christmas. Might need to tag along with y'all. ::;

Mike

The Fever
12-02-2010, 03:49 PM
Hey man.....read my name...its always here

hawglips
12-02-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm going to scratch the itch this Saturday....

ccleroy
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Mike I would love to share a tree with you,what part of SC you moving to?

I'm always feverish. Can't seem to shake it!

You and Andy may have to help me out next spring cause as of Jan 1, 2011, I'll be a resident of SC! We're moving there right after Christmas. Might need to tag along with y'all. ::;

Mike

MKW
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
We're moving to Pawley's Island. Where are you??

Mike

ccleroy
12-02-2010, 04:55 PM
We're moving to Pawley's Island. Where are you??

Mike

Lowcountry,Orangeburg County to be exact........I am actually jealous of you.......you will have some prime public land on your doorstep.......we deff. need to hook up this spring........

MKW
12-02-2010, 04:56 PM
We can make it happen!

Mike

Kwaksmoka
12-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Absolutely got the Fever! I've got it bad too, after an awesome season last year I can't wait to get back after them gobblers! Every year that goes by I look forward to March more and more.

deerslayer357
12-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I haven't gotten over it for the last 8 years, but I swear it's gotten worse these last two or three years than it was before! I don't know what I'll do if it gets much worse!

and Hawglips....
that's just plain mean, like taunting kids with a candy bar! haha,
good luck on Saturday and let us know how it goes for ya!

burkehunter
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I am starting to think about it pretty regular now and I can't wait to kill my first turkey. I had the first response to my calling last season but couldn't get him to where I could see him.

nhancedsvt
12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm more than ready! It's getting harder to concentrate on deer hunting the closer it gets to turkey season.

Turkeydoghunter
12-03-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm going to scratch the itch this Saturday....

hope you can get that fever to break Saturday

hawglips
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
hope you can get that fever to break Saturday

I had a blast Saturday.

I stumbled onto a small mixed flock early, bumped them off the roost, and then called back up a hen and two jakes that I couldn't quite get a shot at. (If I'd been toting my 12 or 20, I might have been tempted...) There was this gobbler that had flown across a very large creek, and they ended up skirting me to fly over to him. It was a property I'd never hunted before, and I found myself in a bad spot when it got light enough to see my situation. If I had a do-over, my set up would have been different and the story might have had a different ending. Deer hunter interference didn't help either. But it was sure fun getting out there after them. And fall flock dynamics are interesting to deal with compared to spring gobbler hunting....

chiefsquirrel83
12-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Been huntin' for years now. Never turkey hunted. Going to be my first time this year.

Nitro
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM

I have found quite a few potential victims at Midway........

There is one I want in particular......:cool:

ccleroy
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM

Smoke from the barrel and foot on the neck,thats all I want to see........:biggrin3:

Nitro
12-07-2010, 11:10 AM
Smoke from the barrel and foot on the neck,thats all I want to see........:biggrin3:

We can make that happen. We hope to hold some birds......right now, we got em....

We will begin building some more openings for Turkey habitat in January.........We have mapped out 30 spots that will get planted......

Booner Killa
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm having trouble shaking the fever this year as well. My deer season has been absolutely incredible and I am already finding myself getting chills when I hear a gobble! It's really early for me to be acting this way already! I can't wait!

hoppie
12-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Been huntin' for years now. Never turkey hunted. Going to be my first time this year.

Prepare yourself. If you are ready to forget about other types of hunting and find yourself day dreaming. There is nothing like it and to answer the question, you have no idea how bad I am itching something fierce. Try to ignore it to hold me over, but that does not work.

J Gilbert
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Prepare yourself. If you are ready to forget about other types of hunting and find yourself day dreaming. There is nothing like it and to answer the question, you have no idea how bad I am itching something fierce. Try to ignore it to hold me over, but that does not work.

I can attest to this, I've been deer hunting for 14 years (effectively 2/3 of my life) and this will be my 3rd spring in the woods. I got more excited seeing 6 hens from the deer stand last weekend than I did for the young 8pt that is sure to be a stud in a few years. I never thought I'd have it this bad, but it's an obsession that you can't shake once it really gets ahold of you

r_hammett86
12-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Has it hit you yet?I know it's still a poke away but boy my rubber band is getting wound up for the upcoming spring!:yeah:

it hit me after season closed. i love turkey hunting almost more than duck hunting. I cant wait to hear some ol' fired up toms. i got out the mouth calls this week and started clucking around the house. my wife was saying "duck season aint even over yet and your breaking those out too on top of the duck calls"? gotta love the thunder chickens:bounce:

Gut_Pile
12-08-2010, 01:25 AM

I will be looking forward to smashing a beak with both of yall. Let me get through finals this week and we will begin to make plans

I have a feeling that one bird could be in trouble...next time you go to the low country, let those two camp birds know I remember where they are hiding and they will not pull that slip on me again. Will get with you at the end of the week to start planning

2011 is going to be the year of :smash: some noggins!

rutandstrut
12-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I never come down from Turkey Fever! It only gets more intense as we get closer to the season opener! I live it 24/7/365! It is an addiction!

Gecko
12-10-2010, 12:33 AM
I am with you Tim. I see birds now 4-5 days a week. Saw 15 this morning 1 block from my office. It is driving me crazy. I continue to work on my calling driving to work in the morning. Spring cannot get here quick enough. Cant wait to drop the hammer on a big ol gobbler.

silentK
12-13-2010, 12:34 PM
i keep the fever..365

...but i did have a chance to skratch it a little this week here in TN during the 1st part of our fall season...;)

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/589/Photo071.JPG (http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/27351)

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/589/Photo079_1_.JPG (http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/27364)

http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/589/Photo085_1_.JPG (http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/27366)

Turkeydoghunter
12-13-2010, 12:40 PM
At boy K....looks like you killed some nice turkeys in the fine state of TN.....fall and winter hunting sure helps the break the Fever not to mention a little southern snow...Congrats

silentK
12-13-2010, 04:25 PM
thanks RJ...i hope to get out at least 1 more time before it kloses Friday...if not i'm sure i'll see ya at the fort if you make it back down..:bounce:

Hobie
12-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Congrats K

Gaswamp
12-14-2010, 05:52 PM
way to go K. congrats...that 3rd picture is great