big buck counties of SW Ga

grouper throat

I know i've seen it on here before, but I can't seem to find it with the search function. The data showing the big buck counties of SW Ga. Or someone could just tell me which ones they are. Thanks:cheers:

golffreak

You can throw Early County in there as well. There are a lot of trophy bucks killed in Early County every year without fail.

golffreak

We have killed three ten pointers out of Calhoun this year alone.

Yep, Calhoun is good too. The biggest deer I've ever seen crossed just in front of my truck on my way to our lease about 5 years ago.

We never see Calhoun listed on any of the GON big buck state-wide lists; but I know there's some good'uns killed there every year.

I think Calhoun is pretty much a shoot-and-keep-your-mouth-shut county.

Boondocks

Yes Cahoun is.And if these Bama Boys don't keep their mouths shut and let the secret out about real SW Ga..They will have more competion.LOL!!!

bat

Page 35 and 37 of the October issue. Pre-2010-11 season.

Macon(1), Lee(2), Worth(3), Colquitt(6), Turner(7), Dooly(8), Dougherty(10), Taylor(11), Sumter(12) for the dirty dozen in that order. Down the line Baker(13), Mitchell(24), Crisp(28) and Wilcox(t-28). That should give you an idea. Just about all of the SW section has potential for big bucks, just pick one out and see what is available(land wise). Good luck!

I left out several I knew were out of SW Ga. but some of those may be out as well according to where the official dividing line for SW Ga. is located.

kevincox

I need me a place to hunt in those areas. Im down there working all the time and still waiting for an invite lol

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
SW Georgia is a nice place to live...

hortonhunter22

Lets not forget Thomas....

too much of the county is private plantation where them boys are killing the big ones, they aint worried bout putting there name in any books. same goes for alot of brooks, as well as much of southwest ga, the real big boys are shot by folks on the plantations and they keep it hush so they dont have trespassing problems

timgarside

Taylor county was a misprint. I would stay away from there if I were you.:biggrin2: I would add Meriweather to the list though. The folks there shouldn't mind since theres a 100 year waiting list to lease property there.

grouper throat

too much of the county is private plantation where them boys are killing the big ones, they aint worried bout putting there name in any books. same goes for alot of brooks, as well as much of southwest ga, the real big boys are shot by folks on the plantations and they keep it hush so they dont have trespassing problems
I agree. After hunting and visiting their plantation cabins, they grow some nice ones there. My buddy has a 138 and 149 on the wall from Thomas... but not many ppl off the plantation know about it. They trade them grouper trips for deer hunts :D

hortonhunter22

I agree. After hunting and visiting their plantation cabins, they grow some nice ones there. My buddy has a 138 and 149 on the wall from Thomas... but not many ppl off the plantation know about it. They trade them grouper trips for deer hunts :D

yup theres alot of deer in the 160s that live on walls in south ga that you never hear about...ive seen my share of them, on there walls that is :hammers:

Defcon15

We never see Calhoun listed on any of the GON big buck state-wide lists; but I know there's some good'uns killed there every year.

I think Calhoun is pretty much a shoot-and-keep-your-mouth-shut county.

Yep, everyone keeps it pretty quiet there. No one cares about putting their name in books or magazines.