Hog Hunting (best place to carry kid)

likemhunt

My boy has been wonting to go hog hunting . What is a good place to go and have good luck. I heard Fort Stewart was the place to go. What do you have to do? Get a permit or something?

i live in pembroke ga i just move here but i just got my pass for fort stewart it's easy to do go on line and print a app.it tells u all about it i heard the hog hunting was good to but i'v never been hog hunting any where i'm trying to get someone to help me to but no takers yet i hope someone will tell me where and how or take me hope u get a answer to

skoaleric

Good luck if you plan on coming down to Fort Stewart...I haven't heard of anyone killing or seeing any for quite a while. I brought my son down here over Thanksgiving, and we seen NOTHING---NADA! He wasn't too happy. Give it a shot, but don't be upset when you find out its nothing but "hype" and not true about this place being overrun.
Eric

W

WMH

i think it all depends on the day at ft stewart. i went in december stalking and saw about 40, maybe 25 of which were shooters. then have been at other times and saw nothin.

snook24

all of the southern wma's are good but this time of the year is slow...it will pick up when it gets warmer

scottja

My boy has been wonting to go hog hunting . What is a good place to go and have good luck. I heard Fort Stewart was the place to go. What do you have to do? Get a permit or something?

Do yourself a favor and spend some time on the Pass and Permit website. http://www.stewart.army.mil/DPW/wildlife/Home%20page.htmMake sure you read FS 420-4 (the regulation) from the link on that page. There are a bunch of rule on FS that are not the same as Georgia rules. If you get cited on FS you get a ticket and a suspension from hunting/fishing.