Tennessee elk hunt

sprewett

Has anybody been putting in for the Tenn elk hunts? I noticed the 2024 season will have more permits than this year. Can out of state folks accrue priority points like we do here?

175rltw

BANNED
That’s a novelty hunt. All the east coast elk hunts are novelty hunts. And the least direct route to getting to hunt elk.

Edit -how’s that for a useless post in the context of the question

Bjrink

Lottery only, with no preference points. I have applied/purchased lottery for Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Nothing so far and have tried for a while.

earlthegoat2

Lottery only, with no preference points. I have applied/purchased lottery for Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Nothing so far and have tried for a while.

I know in MI, you should expect 15 years. It is an open lottery though so you never know.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
VA used to count them as a deer tag on your regular license

Bjrink

Hunted Va for 16 years and never recall being issued a license for a donation. I feel like it’s a way for the state to make extra money. It’s one of the hardest draws to get unless you are looking to spend a lot of money or get lucky

DAVE

Life is very short and we never know when it will end. If I wanted to hunt elk I would not depend on a lottery that may not ever produce and if it does odds are against you after waiting maybe years for a chance. There are plenty of places in the U.S. to hunt elk yearly with a high chance of success. As the years tick by so does your body and the ability to do many of the things you enjoy, don't waste the years God gave you, if you want to hunt elk or anything else, do it now while you have a chance before you are to old or dead. Memories are much better than wishes.