Gwinnett Gathering - May 4, 2006

dutchman

OK. We're down for the Golden Corral on HWY 20 in Buford for Thursday evening, May 4.

We'll gather at around 7:00 p.m. and I'll attempt to get the meeting room reserved as soon as I can get an idea from you guys about how many folks we'll have in attendance.

Let me know by posting your headcount here.

Atlsooner

Is this just an informal , get to know you, match the user names with a face type of gathering ? I hope so.

dutchman

Atlsooner said:
Is this just an informal , get to know you, match the user names with a face type of gathering ? I hope so.

What else did you have in mind?:huh:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
dutchman,

Just tell them 50 and that you want the banquet room (if it is not already reserved). There is no charge for it and if only 20 show up it is no big deal.

Thursdays are popular for this sort of thing and the longer you hesitate the less chance you'll be able to get it.

dutchman

Jeff Young said:
dutchman,

Just tell them 50 and that you want the banquet room (if it is not already reserved). There is no charge for it and if only 20 show up it is no big deal.

Thursdays are popular for this sort of thing and the longer you hesitate the less chance you'll be able to get it.

Thanks for the info. I will call right away.

dutchman

OK, here's the deal.

Golden Corral in Buford charges a deposit of $1 per head for the use of their banquet room (goes toward the server's tip).

They want this in advance. I could run by and pay it, but do not care to pay $50 only to have 10 folks show up and it cost us all $5 each.

Do y'all think we ought to just show up and try to get them to put us in the banquet room? My wife and I were in there last night and there was nobody in that room.

Advice?

GeauxLSU

dutchman said:
OK, here's the deal.

Golden Corral in Buford charges a deposit of $1 per head for the use of their banquet room (goes toward the server's tip).

They want this in advance. I could run by and pay it, but do not care to pay $50 only to have 10 folks show up and it cost us all $5 each.

Do y'all think we ought to just show up and try to get them to put us in the banquet room? My wife and I were in there last night and there was nobody in that room.

Advice?
Book it and pay 'em $20. The first 20 folks can reimburse you. If more people show up I'm sure they'll gladly accept the extra cash.
Would hate to have 50 people show up and us be strewn out all over the place cuz the room isn't avialble but I suppose there are worse things.

Jeff Phillips

I'm out:(

My flight from Chicago lands at 7:20.

Ya'll have a large time, hate I'm missing it!

dutchman

The count is up to 7, with a few maybes. Anybody else?

I am unfortunately unable to attend on Thursday . A hectic week for my entire family and my wife out of town.

Next time!

rayjay

I will probably be there.

rj

GeauxLSU

dutchman said:
The count is up to 7, with a few maybes. Anybody else?
Wow, there were what? 30 people on the other poll?
What's up with the peeps? :huh:

dutchman

GeauxLSU said:
Wow, there were what? 30 people on the other poll?
What's up with the peeps? :huh:

They must've figured that you and me would be too much for them to put up with over a meal.:huh: