11-87 Special Purpose Mag Pattern

Payton Everett

Here's my dads 11-87 with a .665 Jelly Head and Hevi-13 Magnum Blends. Got 140 in a 10" circle at 40 yards.
IMG_0970_1.jpg

Bowhoop

Banned
Has he shot a Rem Super Full or Rem Ventilator to see how they stack up against the Jellyhead?

Those two chokes together can be ordered off the net for a cost less than the Jellyhead, so it's not unreasonably expensive to find out.

Payton Everett

Has he shot a Rem Super Full or Rem Ventilator to see how they stack up against the Jellyhead?

Those two chokes together can be ordered off the net for a cost less than the Jellyhead, so it's not unreasonably expensive to find out.

No he hasn't

Dupree

I would definitely try some other chokes. That will kill a turkey though.

BRITT-1

I have been shooting that same gun@shell combo with a rhino .660 and got 149 pellets@40 yards. Gun docc did some work on it last week and picked up the pellet count to 224. I do have a few chokes for sale for this gun,shoot me a pm if you are interested.good luck.

trkyhntr70

Thats a nice even pattern Payton, 140 will kill the heck out of em all day long and give you a little room for error. If you want a few more pellets try the hevi 6s or 7s next time. Its ready to go the way it is:cool:

Payton Everett

Thats a nice even pattern Payton, 140 will kill the heck out of em all day long and give you a little room for error. If you want a few more pellets try the hevi 6s or 7s next time. Its ready to go the way it is:cool:

Thanks for your advice trkyhntr70 I'm hoping to get my hands on some of them to try just haven't been able to find any:huh:

Last edited:

trkyhntr70

Thanks for your adice trkyhntr70 I'm hoping to get my hands on some of them to try just haven't been able to find any:huh:

Glad it worked for ya buddy; I have another hevishot choke Mad max hevi shot choke, If you get curious and want to try another choke. I'll send ya a pm on the shells.

returntoarchery

And proves there's no reason why I shouldn't tote my itsy bitsy little 20 ga. ;):stir:::ke:::gone:

bird dog

I shoot that same gun and shell with a Kick's 665 and I got as many as 217 at 40 and we shot it at 70 and got 114 in a 10" circle. I have killed with it at 67 yrd's and as far as 57 yard's that is the 2 longest that I have killed.