Thanksgiving Day Putnam County

marknga

GONetwork Member
Anyone going to be in the woods tomorrow morning? I am going to give it a shot, although it looks like it might be a tad windy. One thing for sure and that is I won't see that buck while sitting on my couch watching the Macy's Parade! Got to be out in the woods!! :D
Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Mark

"aim small
miss small"

E

early riser

Front started through Gwinnett County about an hour ago, 3:00 a.m., the wind must have started blowing 30 mph. It has the whole house & windows popping and creeking. I'll bet with the ground being so saturated from all the heavy rains, that they are trees falling all over. It is flat doing some wind blowing out there now as I type!

Be a little hard sitting up in a tree with this going on.

UPDATE:...., Well, I just looked at the weather channel and it says it's 51 degrees with a wnw 18 mph wind. It may not be blowing 30 mph, but it sure sounds like it must be gusting much more than that.

e.r.

duke13

AHHHHHH!!! I slept in today for the first time since bow season opened! Laying in bed listening to the wind blow and wondering if I have any trees down at work! I gotta work tomorrow, tree company coming to do some stuff and maybe more if trees are down. I'll be heading to Putnam early sat. morning. Happy Turkey Day y'all

marknga

GONetwork Member
Well boys your mamma's didn't raise no fools! (guess mine did?) You are so right ; the ground is saturated, I saw water where I have never seen water before and YES THE WIND WAS A BLOWIN!!!! I hunted my Buckshot Cadillac in the pines and boy oh boy what a ride this morning was! Up and down, side to side. :speechles I hung in there till 9:00 and then just eased around some. Didn't see a thing but a bunch of deer tracks over my boot tracks....guess I need to start hunting my old loggin road that I walk in on?
I got to work tomorrow and Saturday but will be back up Sunday. Tomorrow morning looks like it will be real good. Wish I could be in the stand....oh well.
Have a great weekend.

Mark

hwy22

hunting thanksgiving day

I was one the many hunters that went today. All i saw was the trees bending from the heavy winds. I did see one squirrel. The deer were not moving where i was hunting today.

Rebel 3

Got in the stand at 10:10 Friday and saw three deer. I decided to shot a doe at 12:35. Also, saw a bunch of turkeys. They were gobbling all day. I donated it to hunters for the hungry and the processor said it was one of the biggest does he has had brought in.