Fowling the day after Thanksgiving....a little bit different.

Dub

Normal workday last night.

Home this morning and a nap......working a few hours tomorrow morning and then the weekend off. :flag:

T-Rex feasted yesterday with his girlfriend's family.

They brought back a pile of leftovers they were grubbing on today......but he had a keen interest in what I'd planned on doing for dinner tonight. I told him I was most certainly NOT cooking....too tired, sore & irritable......all three symptoms immediately alleviated upon my 2nd cup of post-nightshift nap java. :coffee:

We kicked around some carry-out options and agreed on Indian food.

I had to rare opportunity to watch my East Carolina Pirates (class of '92) play a ranked team this afternoon. #4 Cincinnati is gonna grind us down.....but we did get first blood and we are hanging around....thus far.

About the time where I was contemplating the possibility of a 3rd cup of coffee....T-Rex & his future bride arrived with the goods.

Coconut Curry Fried Chicken.....batter made from chickpeas.

I tell ya....the flavor it spicy...bigtime spicy...however it's not a heat spice. Different.....but very much to my liking.

The presentation on a to-go order is always very impressive with this particular restaurant.

Made it through Thanksgiving.....and I didn't starve.....Lord knows I could stand to for some controlled fasting & such.

Leaning down is what I'm working towards....these old joints won't mind that nary a'bit.

Full as a tick....footballing it in the recliner. Dogs piled up with me.

Yeah....that's some Thanksgiving feels right there.

Turning in early tonight as that 3:00am alarm will be tad early.

Ya'll be safe....and stuff yourselves silly and enjoy a long weekend if you can.

naildrvr

Doggone if that ain't some purty fixins. Sounds like you're doing well ?

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Doggone if that ain't some purty fixins. Sounds like you're doing well ?

Yes sir....they do some super dishes.

Spicy, though.

I'm hanging in there, boss. Pushing forward.

Nobody ever promised life would be easy.....or fair....or any of that. Time spend pondering such is best used on getting after things.

God gives strength when our reserves are sometimes lowest. Faith and pushing through the tough times.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Looks good. I love Indian food!

Dub

Looks good. I love Indian food!

I am starting to dial in on a few dishes that are really to my liking.

Not sure how...or why it took me so long to try it.

I've been remiss for excluding much of the globe from my sampling.

Spoiled, I guess.

Raised on Eastern NC barbecue and enough grouper, shrimp, flounder, clams, oysters and scallops to last a man a lifetime. A family of spear fishing scuba divers and ocean lovers.

God bless you Dub!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Thank you, man.

HE has.

27 years of marriage to the love of my life....raising a healthy, well adjusted, highly intelligent(gets that from his Momma) & hard working son with her.....a happy home and the promise of rejoining her again at the end of my days.

Mighty grateful.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like some good eats, Dub, and hang in there, brother!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Prayers for you my friend. It's great to see your posts.

Dub

Prayers for you my friend. It's great to see your posts.

Thank you, David.

Having some nice flavorful coffee this morning and relaxing with the dogs....and watching what suffices for the morning news recap.

How 'bout them Dawgs yesterday !!!

And then that dern Nick Saban pulled off another win....grrrrrrrr.

Hornet22

ROMEO
LUYA bro! grub looks awesome. Ain it great to have a FINE offspring that does the right thing

:cheers:

Dub

LUYA bro! grub looks awesome. Ain it great to have a FINE offspring that does the right thing

:cheers:

Sorry for the late reply.....just getting back in here and drooling over the recent cooks folks have been posting up.

The Paymaster Crew could easily go on BBQ Pitmasters and throw down bigtime.

Yes sir.....it is mighty gratifying seeing my boy making good choices and being self-directed.

He's wrapping up his first semester in grad school this week. Over coffee this morning I tried to read his publication-ready research paper on neural networks.....he programed a drone to respond to hand gestures and alter it's flight vectors and execute programed flight sequences.

I can only equate it to watching a masterful handler and an obedient bird dog....

He was demonstrating some of the preliminary programming work for me last month.....I was grinning from ear to ear and not understanding how any of it worked....only that he'd gone deep down a rabbit hole and conjured up something substantial.

While I was grinning in amazement.....he then started using both hands and commanded a second drone.....independently.....both doing different stuff.

I can barely walk and chew gum....without bitting my tongue........and I can barely stay organized enough to balance a checkbook.

T-Rex has been doing some serious math....and stuff. :rofl: :rofl:

About all I can do is pass gas with one eye winking....and....I don't think I ever spilled a beer.....

Maybe when I retire he can help me with some retriever training.....or sending that drone out to scout out duck holes & turkey roosts of an evening....so I can wake up early the next morning with some coffee & Absorbine Jr and get after them. :rofl: