Wood or Synthetic?

Which do you prefer on a hunting rifle? Wood, synthetic, or both?

• Wood

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Synthetic

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Both

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

duckbill

Which do you prefer on modern hunting rifles? Wood, Synthetic or both?

I like both, but prefer to hunt with synthetic.

QuakerBoy

I have no preference. Nothing like the look of a nice peice of wood. But the synthetic is much more durable.

Whatever I can get the best deal on :)

I really like the look of the laminate stocks with SS barels

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am trying not to ever buy a wood gun again. I love the look and feel of synthetic (with stainless).

Jim

H

HT2

Duck.....

I'm with JT on this one.....

I doubt very seriously if I'll ever buy another gun with a wood stock.... ::ke:

fredw

Retired Moderator
It depends

synthetic on my high powered rifles....synthetic on my duck gun....but gotta go with wood on a double or over/under shotgun.

Hunting Teacher

I have and like both. I tend though to be rough on my hunting rifles stocks. So synthetic is by far the better choice for me.
Teach

stumpman

Banned
im with fred syn on all my rifles and camo shotgun but i love the look and feel of a sweet piece of wood on a shotgunespecially on o/u or double bbl.

Larry Rooks

If you want a hunting rifle, synthetic, prferrbly the McMillan fiberglass. If you want looks, go with fine wood, but it will not be one you want to beat up and scrath up in the woods either, just for looks. Glass is not altered by the weather as woiod is, will hold a zero regardless. Wood swells and warps, don't care what kind of wood it is and zero changes. Laminated woods stocks are stronger than other wood stocks