Setting up Directv at farm

fishingtiger

I am trying to set up my Directv dish at the farm and having some trouble. I have never done this before and am looking for some help.

I have the 3 lnb Directv dish and a standard (not HD)receiver. Is this the correct dish that I need for this receiver?

Also, this dish has 3 coaxial outlets. Do I just need to attach the coaxial to one of these connections and then to my receiver? Does it matter which outlet I connect?

Do I need to get the single LNB dish instead?

Thanks in advance!

Wahoo Creek

I use a single LNB dish with my Directv and here's what I have learned.

The single LNB has a place for 2 coax connections, and it can be set it up 2 different ways.

First way, run coax from connection 1 on the LNB back to the first sat box/tv. Run second coax from connection 2 to a second sat box/tv. All works fine. When working this way, the LNB acts as the "switch" between signals being received.

Second way is to run 2 coax cables from the LNB back to a switch gizmo from which I then run 4 coax cables out to various sat boxes/televisions around the house. In this scenario, the switch in the middle controls the switching of the signals.

The switch function at the lnb or the switch gizmo when used allows me to receive all of the channels being transmitted from the satellite.

Not real sure about your setup, but my guess is you could simply run a coax cable from any one of the coax outlets on the back of your lnb straight to your tv.

I've got a satellite tv forum bookmarked on my computer at home I will try to find for you.

Hope this helps.

Wahoo Creek

Couldn't find the link I was thinking of, sorry about that.

The switch gizmo I referred to is a "multiswitch".

You might try looking on ehow or youtube.

Goodluck.

Wahoo Creek

What I have found with mine is that the degree adjustment given by directv for setting the pitch of the dish is fairly accurate, but I the SW directional compass reading can be off. I usually set the dish up and then slowly swivel the dish side to side and watch/listen to the signal strength.

Killdee

Also be sure to use the zip code for the area where your dish is located rather than your home when looking for your dish concordances. You can get it very close with a compass then fine tune to get 100%.

fishingtiger

thanks everyone! i am going to give it another shot tomorrow morning after hunting and hopefully be able to watch the noon games followed up by my tigers whippin BC.