I REALLY need some help- Video Added!

jerry russell

Can't think of a better group of folks to ask this question in that you folks are about the most giving people I have ever known.
Has anyone had experience sponsoring or being a major player in an official Wounded Warrior hunt? I have this idea that is burning a hole in my brain but I need some guidance from someone that has been down this road.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Last edited:

gtfisherman

I am working with them right now. If you want to ask anything I'd be happy to either talk to you or get you with the proper people. Can't think of a better group.

jerry russell

I am working with them right now. If you want to ask anything I'd be happy to either talk to you or get you with the proper people. Can't think of a better group.

Are you planning a hunt with them? I will PM you with my number.

Jerry

robert carter

I work Sat-Mon but if either of you fellas need a hand let me know and I will be glad to help out. I don`t know anything about this but I will be happy to help. let me know.RC

jerry russell

I work Sat-Mon but if either of you fellas need a hand let me know and I will be glad to help out. I don`t know anything about this but I will be happy to help. let me know.RC

Thanks Robert. It is pretty easy to see where this is about to go but I am still getting the ducks in a row. GTFisherman has got me headed in the right direction and I will post up the plan very soon.

I have actually be given the awesome honor of assisting with another wounded warrior hunt in a couple of weeks where I will be the retriever coordinator for a 300 bird pheasant shoot for these heroes. We will run 10 Labradors at the event (another passion of mine).This will give me a wonderful chance to fully understand what it will take to host a very special event that will be worthy of these brave men and women. I have no doubt that the folks on this forum will be there when I need you. I know I can count on you guys. I cannot begin to tell you how much this means to me to pull this off.
More info to follow...stand by

stick-n-string

Jerry, that is an awesome thing you are doing! Those troups deserve it for sure!

jerry russell

Jerry, that is an awesome thing you are doing! Those troups deserve it for sure!

This is not a "me" doing it thing. It is going to be an "us" thing- lol. Really, I am going to need you guys on this project.

You are so right about deserving it. I read a stat last night that just one of the many wounded warrior groups has nearly 44,000 members. Now, when you consider that they all have families it sure helps to put the size of this need into perspective.

Get ready Red Hat Hunters. I will be calling on you soon.

longbowdave1

Hey Jerry,

Will you be awarding prizes/gifts to the Wounded Warriors at the bird shoot???? I saw an episode on a hunting show where they not only sent the young man on a awsome deer hunt, but also had gifts for him through generous donors and makers of outdoor stuff. I know we have a bunch of good hearted folks that make some awsome stuff on this forum! I may even have a thing or two to offer. :huh:

jerry russell

Hey Jerry,

Will you be awarding prizes/gifts to the Wounded Warriors at the bird shoot???? I saw an episode on a hunting show where they not only sent the young man on a awsome deer hunt, but also had gifts for him through generous donors and makers of outdoor stuff. I know we have a bunch of good hearted folks that make some awsome stuff on this forum! I may even have a thing or two to offer. :huh:

I am not the organizer of the event in two weeks just an assistant. I can say that they are doing some awesome things for the soldiers though including steak dinners the night before and lodging for the event. The event is being run by a friend of mine and he is doing it right.

Now back to your idea for "our" event .... I love the idea of cool gifts for these soldiers.

OK, dang it. I can't hold it inside anymore! Here is what I would like to do but keep in mind that it is just ideas right now. I am open to changes but here is the base idea...

I have access to 2,200 acres that I would like to host a wounded Warriors weekend hunt or two?. I am leaning towards January through March and it will be hog/predator and or hog and turkey combo events.
I will get some sponsors for the weekend and make it one heck of a hunt. Obviously, I could never pull this off alone and this is where you guys would come in. I am thinking this could be a trad shoot/throw down cookout maybe for us along with events for our guest?

If you guys have ideas lets have them.
If anyone is willing to offer sponsorship or actual backbone for the events, please let me know.

The farms that I have are perfect for this.

As I get the logistics pinned down a bit more I will forward more information.

:flag:

dm/wolfskin

God bless you Jerry and who every else is involved. I have 4 Nephews in the service right now and 2 of them are in Afghanistan now. It's real hard for these wounded guys to get their lives back together. Mike :flag:

longbowdave1

Jerry if you can pull this event off for next spring, put me down for making a longbow! I would be glad to do it for these Wounded Warriors! :flag:

jerry russell

Jerry if you can pull this event off for next spring, put me down for making a longbow! I would be glad to do it for these Wounded Warriors! :flag:

Dang Dave....Now that's what I am talking about right there! That is why I want my son around you people. All of you are role models that I want him exposed to. Thank you for gift #1 for this awesome project. The Red Hat Warrior Project.

Now, don't you worry about the if part of us making this happen. The only "if" in this project is if it will happen once or twice this year.

longbowdave1

Consider it done then! I will do my best to make an awsome bow for the event!

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
You folks are the best!! :cool:

gtfisherman

Jerry, You're awesome man. I can't tell you how excited those guys will be. This is a group near and dear to my heart because I have several wounded Warriors as dear friends and several others who have served several tours in the stan or the sand box lately.

As I said on the phone I'll do anything I can to help and in fact sent you an email a minute ago!!!

Can't wait bro!

jerry russell

Jerry, You're awesome man. I can't tell you how excited those guys will be. This is a group near and dear to my heart because I have several wounded Warriors as dear friends and several others who have served several tours in the stan or the sand box lately.

As I said on the phone I'll do anything I can to help and in fact sent you an email a minute ago!!!

Can't wait bro!

I am jacked up too! I have made the contact that you gave me and the ball is rolling!
I have some other exciting options in the works and people are jumping on board to help. I knew you fellows would stand tall on this one. I will begin to work on corporate sponsorships next week and I will be looking for some help with organizing soon.

Thanks guys