Out Of Place to Hunt

stickum

Not sure if this is best to ask this. So,heres the deal myself and 2 others leased some land 2nd year for me 8yrs for another guy that hunts there also. Guy, who owned property died,willed land over to kids and they dont want us hunting property.They decided to mail us back our money and want us off land ASAP. My ? is do we have any thing legal we could do. Not sure if there is a lease it was one of those deals hand shake was good enough.

Gulfin

Not a lawyer but I would think if you have a signed lease then you could still hunt it depending on how it was worded. No lease, no hunt.

Sorry about the deal though. That stinks.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Sorry about your misfortune. Maybe ya'll can find another lease. Don't forget to check on craigslist when you're looking.

Good Luck!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
moved here from leases forum.

SPLIT PINE

If they sent the money back you will have to pull up stakes and leave. It sucks

jason4445

Once the the individual to whom you have a verbal contract is no longer around or for a reason is no longer in control of the property then the verbal contract is no longer valid. That is why you always get a written contract with clauses about how the contract can be terminated if it can be terminated. If the new owners of the land don't wish you to hunt and refund your money you will need to seek other land on which to hunt.