Back quiver material

reviveourhomes

I figured one of you crafters would have some extra laying around. I am looking for two peices of leather to make a Back quiver for my arra's. One peice needs to be at least 25"x25" and I need another that is 3"x7", I guess I could also use a cool looking hide to make one too, so if you have a nice hide that would work in the same size as the leather. Ive never done any kind of leather workings so I am really exited about trying it out. That and most nice back quivers Ive seen run about $60 or more and thats just ridiculous. LOL. If you have something let me know what you got and how much. Thanks and GOD BLESS!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Is that 25 X 25 inches? And 3 inches X 7 inches?

reviveourhomes

Yes sir, thats what I am looking for. The plans I have call for those measurments.

You would probally know this. I just got to thinking about making one out of a hide. Would the hide be durable, what I mean is will the hair start falling out over time with use or will it stay put? Thanks for your reply and GOD BLESS!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Deer hair is mighty fragile, especially if it is a winter coat, because the winter hair is hollow and therefore brittle. A deer summer coat is a little more durable since there is more hair and it is solid. The hair won`t last long on any workin` piece of material for this reason.
I several pieces of tanned cowhide that you might get a quiver out of. PM me your mailin` address and I will send you some of it. No payment needed, consider it a gift.