Toshiba laptop problem

Y

yourkiddin

Im on my droid asking for help.lol my laptop is a mess. It is saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device. Can someone help?

tigerfan

If it hasn't really experienced a serious jolt, I would lean away from it being worked loose. Do you still have the disks that came with the PC? You can try to see if it will "Boot from CD".

Y

yourkiddin

So i looked in the box but no disk. All i had to do was turn it on out of the box. I figure the hard drive is fried. I hit f12 and went to hdd recovery and nothing.

Oldstick

That happened to mine a few years ago. Had to get a new hard drive.

Hard drive failure is very common with laptops, due to heat buildup inside the small enclosure. If you have to replace it, you may have to go back to the manufacturer to obtain the orginal recovery disks and they will probably want $$ for them.

They all pretty much have quit shipping the disks with a new PC. The first thing you should do with a new PC after turning it on is go straight to the utility that lets you create your own recovery disks with blank DVDs.

cyoung

Hard drive failure is very common with laptops, due to heat buildup inside the small enclosure. If you have to replace it, you may have to go back to the manufacturer to obtain the orginal recovery disks and they will probably want $$ for them.

They all pretty much have quit shipping the disks with a new PC. The first thing you should do with a new PC after turning it on is go straight to the utility that lets you create your own recovery disks with blank DVDs.

Good idea! I ended up paying some kind of insurance or something...-$200-$300, maybe??? I can't remember details, but I do remember feeling like I got screwed though...