Where to get custom fit boots?

Lonesome00

I saw on one of those “how they make stuff” shows they would send off a form for the customer to stand in then make his or her boots to fit that form. The quality they put into the manufacturing process was also quite impressive. The bad thing is I have no idea who that was. Do you all know of a boot company that does that? Do any of you know of more than one? I would like to comparison shop before spending money on them. I am tired of owning junk boots and am ready to step up to something that is going to help, not hurt, my feet and legs.

deadend

I've got White's and Wescos and the fit is like part of my feet. Expensive but worth it. I'll probably get Lathrop & Sons to fit a set of Hanwags later this year.

Lonesome00

I was not expecting $600 plus when i started pricing these boots. How much was your White's?

deadend

450$ ish 10 years ago. They can be totally rebuilt for 225$ ish. Quality costs. I've got some 15 year old corked Wescos being rebuilt now and they will look like a new pair. They replace 75% of the boot.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
If you make your livin` standin` in a set of hooks, Wesco boots are real hard to beat, and worth every dollar that they cost.

Lonesome00

Very cool to hear. I cannot swing that kind of money right now, but I will soon.

jigman29

How is the warranty on the westco's I am bad to walk through all manners of stuff since we keep quite a few hogs around and that mess is rough on boots.I would hate to buy them for that price and they not warranty them due to the treatment of them.

deadend

How is the warranty on the westco's I am bad to walk through all manners of stuff since we keep quite a few hogs around and that mess is rough on boots.I would hate to buy them for that price and they not warranty them due to the treatment of them.

I'm not sure I understand? Will they warranty them if you tear them up?

jigman29

I'm not sure I understand? Will they warranty them if you tear them up?

Kind of,I have heard they have an unconditional warranty but I was wondering if it covers mud and water damage from being in it large amounts of time.I have a hard time with boots lasting more than a year from the abuse they get.I could justify the expence if they would repair them as needed.

deadend

I've beat Wescos and White's to death and they come back for more. I do treat and clean the leather periodically however as bulletproof is a relative term.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Some of the linemen I worked with liked Halls boots too. I never tried any myself, so I cant give you and honest opinion on them.