iphone 3g mms

Cabin creek man

Does anyone know the best or proper way to get mms messaging to work after swapping iphone with att to straight talk? Everything else works but i use mms alot and will have to change phones unless i can get this fixed.

BornToHuntAndFish

Does anyone know the best or proper way to get mms messaging to work after swapping iphone with att to straight talk? Everything else works but i use mms alot and will have to change phones unless i can get this fixed.

I've heard of several folks having the same problem.

The folks in the Straight Talk section of the Howard Mobile Community Forums are very helpful & can be found at the web link below:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php/551-Straight-Talk

Good luck. Let us know if you get it working & also what you did to get it corrected.

Straight Talk customer service are more responsive on their Facebook web page but the Straight Talk customer service toll free phone number may be able to help, too.

BornToHuntAndFish

After a quick scan, looks like folks are having success overcoming this problem with the help of this Howard Forums (large mobile community) thread in the Straight Talk cell phone mobile service section at the web link below:

(Also saw another thread about this in company's official Straight Talk forums that you may want to check out or do a few web searches to find more.)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1777964-Definitive-Guide-to-Getting-MMS-Working-on-iOS-6

Definitive Guide to Getting MMS Working on iOS 6

:D

klfutrelle

I've personally done this to both of my iphones. I wouldn't mind doing this for you if you are in the Athens area. Let me know.

Cabin creek man

Thanks for the offer klfutrelle am in helen ga and dont get to athens but once in a very blue moon. When you did this was it on att phones or tmobile?

klfutrelle

klfutrelle

My mms works but I can't send and or receive pics...? Anyone have that issue?

Your Multi Media Messaging(MMS) isn't working if you can't send or receive pics. Did you mean your Short Message Service(SMS) text is working?

Is your imessage working? Pics to and from other iphones?

Tell me more about what kind of phone you have and are you using Straight Talk?

I'll see if I can help.

bluemarlin

I have a 3GS on straight talk. I can send and receive text but not pictures. This is something that quit working a few months ago and not sure why...
I've been looking on Craigslist for a 4s to upgrade to but if I can get the pictures to work again, I may hold off a little longer.

klfutrelle

Will the sim card i got from straight talk not take the place of the t mobile card for doing this?

You need a prepaid Tmobile sim card temporarily to allow you access to the cellular network settings. Think of the Tmobile card as a gateway to the settings. Your straight talk card wont let you go through. Once you open the gate(settings) with the tmobile card you put in the straightalk card and enter the settings and your mms and data will work on your phone. I'm sorry if I'm doing a poor job at explaining things.

SmokyMtnSmoke

I did the ST sims on my wife and daughters 3G's but I used the jailbreak software. they both work perfect.