What would you do?

What would you do if you accidentally killed over the limit?

• Call the game warden and turn yourself in.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Grab one of the birds and calmly walk out.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Grab both birds and fly like crazy back to the house.

Votes: 49 55.1%
  • Pretend like it never happened.

Votes: 23 25.8%

• Total voters

kickers-N-stickers

Let's just say you're midway through the season and have killed 2 birds. Your third bird is on the ground flopping. You run over to find a 4th gobbler flopping behind your bird. You've killed one over the limit.

So...what would YOU do?:pop:

chadf

Throw him over my shoulder, for a trip to the truck.

I've had this happen, just wasnt over the limit when I found 2 birds flopping....

stick-n-string

:pop:

Oh the people are about to start bashing!!
I apologize for them in advance!

cpowel10

Carry them both out.

Not wasting an animal you killed is more important to me than worrying about a ticket.

A good warden, I would hope, could see that you are sincere and understand there was no intent to kill over your limit. Seems like it would bank some points anyway.

TailCrackin

MackUSCG

I'd call the warden up and explain what happened. I'd probably ask if there was anywhere I could bring it (homeless shelter, battered womens shelter etc....) and donate it. If he said to bring it home, which I think most would do rather than fuss with it I'd be good with that too. I just can't afford to be on the other side of things. If I lose my security clearance I'd be in deep DOO DOO at work.

Huntinfool

Carry them both out.

Not wasting an animal you killed is more important to me than worrying about a ticket.

This one.

I wouldn't intentionally kill two birds if I already had two on the ground. But I'm not calling a warden on myself for an honest mistake and I'm not wasting a turkey.

There is no tag system in GA and there is no bird/day limit. So there is no way for a warden to know whether those are my first two or my 12th and 13th birds killed. Therefore....there's no possibility of a ticket for having those two birds.

nhancedsvt

Banned
This one.

I wouldn't intentionally kill two birds if I already had two on the ground. But I'm not calling a warden on myself for an honest mistake and I'm not wasting a turkey.

There is no tag system in GA and there is no bird/day limit. So there is no way for a warden to know whether those are my first two or my 12th and 13th birds killed. Therefore....there's no possibility of a ticket for having those two birds.

Unless the game warden looks at this forum and sees your two entries in the turkey challenge...

nhancedsvt

Banned
It doesn't say "huntinfool" on my driver's license.

That's weird. They asked for my GON username when I renewed.:rofl:

For the record, I'm grabbing both birds and keeping my mouth shut.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It doesn't say "huntinfool" on my driver's license.

It doesn`t have to. They know who you are, just like they know who I am, and everybody else who is a member here, and if they don`t, they have the technology to easily find out.

six

I'd never intentionally do it, and would really be surprised if it did happen to me. But if it did I wouldn't turn myself in, but if I got stopped I wouldn't try to deny it either.

PaulD

Banned
I wouldn't post an answer to and on a thead like this....or start a thread like this......

can I change my vote? I want to keep the second one now after reading this stuff.

Dr. Strangelove

Let's just say you're midway through the season and have killed 2 birds. Your third bird is on the ground flopping. You run over to find a 4th gobbler flopping behind your bird. You've killed one over the limit.

So...what would YOU do?:pop:

The person in this situation has already violated one of the major rules of shooting/hunting - positivity identify your target and anything behind it.

Mark K

Banned
Nic, you think they know where each of us hunts?? And they somehow keep up with how many birds every person kills?? Your giving them and the technology A LOT of credit!!