Tennessee Turkey Hunting

Anyone ever hunted SW Tennessee public land? Got a hunt lined up on a small private piece this week but was wondering if I had any options in the event that didn't pan out. Not looking for anyone's "honey hole" just info if certain WMA's generally hold a decent amount of birds.. Thanks in advance for your time.

Doc Olly

I hunt some private land in Haywood county, Stanton, Tennessee. I went Easter weekend and I got plenty of gobbles but didn't see any birds! Now I am a "wet behind the ears" newbie so take it with a grain of salt but I believe there are plenty of birds. It seemed really cold and maybe they were hennedup, not sure. Or maybe I suck at calling!
Good luck!
Doc Olly

cousinjeff

I hunt in Middle TN and there are turkeys everywhere. I counted 17 fly down out of the roost one morning. Granted I am on private property but if you just drive around you will most likely see turkeys in farmers fields. I was lucky enough to kill a tom three mornings in a row.

cousinjeff

I found that they didn't want too much calling but rather frequented the same areas. We also were able to use a fan to get 2 gobblers close. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.