Well, should of went to help feed horses. Girlfriend scores!

tgw925

Didn't get to bed till around 2am Saturday night seeing that we had a few people over at my girlfriends house. Sunday morning she tried to wake me up to go feed her horses but I told her I would just hang out in bed and let her do all the hard work. That was where I messed up. 5 minutes after she left she called saying there was 4 gobblers and a hen in the lower pasture and I figured that was the end of it, but I was wrong. She had a follow up call about 5 minutes later yelling, "I killed a turkey, i killed a turkey, I killed a turkey!" Three of the gobblers cruises off the other way and she somehow got in between the other one and the hen and that was all she wrote. She shot him when he hopped up on the fence chasing after his women. Well, that was a good enough reason to get out of bed so I went to the barn and checked him out. 21lbs, 12.5" rope, 1" spurs. He is now at the taxidermy. She told me she wished I were there but I said no you dont, cause I would have been the one shooting :pop:
33kqdn4.jpg

tgw925

Haha I know that's the truth. She was still in her pj's and had to find her gun in the back of her explore because it was covered up with a bunch of stuff. She said she loaded one shell and went and sat down and just waited. 2 minutes later....dead turkey.

Pneumothorax

She had a follow up call about 5 minutes later yelling, "I killed a turkey, i killed a turkey, I killed a turkey!"

Now there's something I predict I'll never hear my wife say. :bounce: But that's alright. Congrats to your girlfriend for knowing what to do (and doing it) when she found herself at the right place at the right time. Really nice gobbler!

M Sharpe

Laaaaazy Bones!! :bounce:

Serves you right," letting her do all the hard work" I'm surprised she even let you in the picture.....

Congrats to her!

sman

Congrats to her!!!!