goose

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
Goose Jerky

Leroy, Whoever told you goose meat wasn't good just don't know how to fix it! Here's a jerky recipe from Woodie13. I usually make jerky out of mine (with the kid's help of course).

2-4 slightly frozen goose breasts (makes it easier to cut)

MARINADE
soy sauce
crushed red pepper-to taste
black pepper-to taste
garlic powder
cajun seasoning-to taste
onion powder
brown sugar-to taste
teriaki sauce
liquid smoke (if using the oven or dehydrater)

Cut the meat in thin, uniform strips and let thaw the rest of the way.

Combine ingredients of the marinade. I base this solely on my personal taste.

Put the meat and the marinade in a zip lock bag, add about 1/4 cup of water and put in the fridge overnight.

Prepare the smoker, dehydrater or the oven to the lowest temp possible. For the smoker, soak wood chips in water and wrap in aluminum foil and place on the coals.

Place meat flat on cookie sheets or run a toothpick through each piece and hang on the rack in the oven. Make sure to lay aluminum foil below to catch the drippings if you are using the oven.

If prepared in the oven, rotate the meat on the sheets every hour and a half.

The last hour or so, brush a little teriyaki sauce over them and you have some good eats. Great blind food as well.

If you have a favorite jerky recipe for deer or beef, you can try it

Smiley

GONetwork Senator District 44
One more

Here is the best recipe I've found for grilling Goose. If you think you don't care for goose meat try em like this.
Cut breast into small chunks. Marinate 4 hrs. Marinate: 2/3 soy sauce to 1/3 sherry Dissolve 4 to 8 tbs. honey in microwave and stir into soy sauce and sherry mixture.
Add 3 garlic cloves.
Press down with weight ( we use a plate) to cover goose with marinate.
After goose has finished marinating--wrap each chunk with a thin slice of bacon add a water chestnut secure on a skewer ( if you use a wooden skewer be sure to soak it in water first) Grill to medium rare. Sprinkle with brown sugar ( very important to do after grilling )

LKennamer

Good one Smiley

My favorite goose recipe (besides using it in gumbo) is pretty much what you listed, except I never tried the brown sugar trick. Might do that next time!