New member of the Fly Fishing club seeking help

Torre87

Hey guys,
I just received a 9' #5 fly fishing combo as a gift. I have the fly line and leader installed and have been practicing with it and believe I am ready to take it to the water. What I would like help with are the varies flies. I was wondering what a good variety of flies to get would be from around the Acworth/Canton area.

As of right now, I would mostly likely just be going to varies coves on Allatoona, Lake Acworth and Rope Mill Park.

Thank you,
Torre

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Rubber legged dragon, stealth bombers and various poppers will work. PM sent.

fishndoc

Olive Rubber Legged Dragons, chartreuse and white clousers, some solar flare BogleBug poppers, and you are set to go.
Covers the entire water column (most important), and pretty much all the fish species you wanna catch.

Seriously, although there are hundreds/thousands of other flies out there, those are all you really need for warm water fly fishing; last weekend on Acworth, I "hit for the cycle" catching blue gill, bass, perch and even a big catfish, all on a RLD.

Cohutta Outfitters up in Cartersville has a good selection of quality warm water flies.

centerpin fan

I was wondering what a good variety of flies to get would be from around the Acworth/Canton area.

Fly Box Outfitters is also near you.

Whatever shop you go to, see if you can finagle a quick casting lesson. It can save you years of frustration. (At the very least, buy a casting DVD.)