New to fly fishing sort of

Jeffrey o

I fly fished on a lake regularly for 6 months or so about 20 years ago I live in north east ga and am going to hit some streams and try my luck. Would love some suggestions on a few flys to use in this area so I don’t waste a lot of money on junk that I think will work. Thanks for any help

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I fly fished on a lake regularly for 6 months or so about 20 years ago I live in north east ga and am going to hit some streams and try my luck. Would love some suggestions on a few flys to use in this area so I don’t waste a lot of money on junk that I think will work. Thanks for any help
Fishing for what species? Trout?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Specks aren't any harder to catch than stockers, just harder to find and get to. Flies that will work about anywhere in this region most times: Parachute Adams, Yellow Stimulator, Yellow Palmer, Thunderhead, Elk Hair Caddis, Chubby Chernobyl, Hippie Stomper for dries, Prince, Tellico, Pat's Rubber Legs, Hare's Ear, Pheasant Tail for nymphs. Throw in a Woolley Bugger or two, and you should be catching some fish.

Jeffrey o

Awesome thanks for the info. I could remember using the parachute Adams years ago on the lake but wasn’t sure about the streams. Thanks