New Mark

John I. Shore

Have had several over the years with moving so much, finally now that we are staying here, time for the last change in my mark. :flag:

John I.

Attachments

• capstick2Resized.jpg
    capstick2Resized.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 319

bbs383ci

John, what machine are you using to etch. Mine never come out that clear.

John I. Shore

Marking Methods, Ernie made the Stencil.

John I.

Attachments

• BelugaResized.jpg
    BelugaResized.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

Razor Blade

Beautiful work as always buddy. Atleast with just the name on it, now you can move again if you want to and not have to change the stencils.

wvdawg

Staff member
Very clean mark - looks great John!

georgiaboy

John I believe the beauty is in the simplicity. I know this isn't about your knives but your execution is top notch.

I'm not jealous of those plunges whatsoever either ;)

John I. Shore

Thanks guys, GB when you want to learn how to do that plunge just let me know, it's so simple a monkey could do it. I have taught many this over the years.

John I.

bbs383ci

Georgiaboy, it is very simple especially when you have someone show you, I made a video of me doing it but still, there is something about being right there that makes a difference. ill be headed down there in a couple weeks to bug the mess out of John for a couple days, cant wait.

georgiaboy

Monkeys are usually a little more advanced than I am! John I'd love to come down sometime. I need to get on your list for a blade as well.

Dustin that video was very helpful. I like how the bottom at the ricasso just where the cutting edge starts is to uniformly flared or rounded and not square.