Doubled up this afternoon

clint31

I got permission to hunt some land five minutes from where I work in Macon. I went this morning to just listen, heard three birds sounding off. I went home at lunch and grabbed my gear and went after work. Time I got out of the truck I heard what sounded like someone scratching on the middle of a slate call, and not very good to boot. I eased up on a little field and was amazed to see about 25 turkeys in the field. I got within 200 yards, set out a Jake decoy and started calling. None of the birds were paying any attention. I counted about 6 Tom's, 2 kept running the others off. I cutt at them, yelped, purred, nothing would make any of them even seem interested. Pulled out the 'ol gobble tube, hit it twice, and these two good 2 year old birds came in on a string. They got close to the decoy and got all puffed up. First shot was at ten yards, clean miss. Birds ran about 5 yards and stopped. Second shot I folded one (I only had two shells in the gun). The second bird ran about 30 yards, turned around to see his buddy flopping, and decided to come back and give him a good flogging, ha! I had another shell in my vest, so while he's beating his buddy up, I loaded another shell and got him too!

Attachments

• 20160331_172030.jpg
    20160331_172030.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 932

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Heck yea, congrats

Steve Roberts

Congrats, way to go!!!

mose

Well that worked out, huh? Congrats!!!

DSGB