My Season....So Far......

Curtis-UGA

It's been an interesting season. Started out with killing a double on opening day with a good friend. Hunted hard after that but henned up birds made it tough. Finally found a loudmouth bird that wanted to play but the first morning he was on the other side of the river. The second morning I hunted him he was alone and on my side and died quick. Took a trip to Kentucky and hunted some of the best turkey land I have ever set foot on. Me and my buddy doubled on consecutive mornings and left early with birds still gobbling. Experience I will never forget listening to over 10 birds tearing it up. I still have one more Georgia bird to kill and will hit it hard till the end.

Last edited:

hoppie

Great times. Congrats. Man Kentucky was one of the best turkey experiences I have ever had.

Curtis-UGA

Great times. Congrats. Man Kentucky was one of the best turkey experiences I have ever had.

I did a turkey only membership on some land that hasn't been hunted in years. We had never seen the property till the morning we hunted it. Killed 2 by 9:30 the first day and 7:00am the second day. We were cleaning birds and they were still hammering all around us. I had to leave.

Curtis-UGA

Just for the record. These were all determined to be naive turkeys. No native turkeys were killed or hurt in the making of this post.

bangbird

Is that a gobbler strutting over your left shoulder in that one picture? Or a decoy? Or neither?

Dinosaur

That land in Kentucky looks awesome. Cows and hardwoods are a lethal combo for turkey. Those types of property can hold a lot of them. And congratulations on such a blessed season.

Curtis-UGA

That land in Kentucky looks awesome. Cows and hardwoods are a lethal combo for turkey. Those types of property can hold a lot of them. And congratulations on such a blessed season.

They love flipping those old cow patties for bugs.

hoppie

I did a turkey only membership on some land that hasn't been hunted in years. We had never seen the property till the morning we hunted it. Killed 2 by 9:30 the first day and 7:00am the second day. We were cleaning birds and they were still hammering all around us. I had to leave.

Actually not a bad idea. How many acres is the property? Landscape is beautiful up there.

Toddmann

Looks like u are having a great season. Love those big fat KY birds. Good luck on your final GA bird.

antnye

Hammer down Curtis! The bird in the second pic has a really BIG fan.