870 disassembly and assembly

NottelyBILL

well I actually got it disassembled but unforturnatly I put it aside for 10 days now I got some problems- left over parts. Does anyone know of a web site or something that will show me the way?

NottelyBILL

Detent

Well I just puT it back together without the 2 springs that appeared magically amoung the other parts and it works fine. Now the butt monkey. But in looking at the diagram I noticed a mazine cap detent and a detent spring that go into the retaining circle on the bottom of the barrel. Both my 870's seemed to missing this little item. Does any one know their fuction is because both my guns operate just fine with out them.

Buck111

It keeps your magazine cap from backing out (loosening up). If the magazine cap isn't tight, the gun wont function properly. All you will see of the detent ball is a small, silver ball bearing. If it's missing, there will be a hole where it should be.

QuakerBoy

Well I just puT it back together without the 2 springs that appeared magically amoung the other parts and it works fine.

I'd venture to guess they are not there just to look nice:huh:

It keeps your magazine cap from backing out (loosening up). If the magazine cap isn't tight, the gun wont function properly. All you will see of the detent ball is a small, silver ball bearing. If it's missing, there will be a hole where it should be.

correct. if it is missing, the cap will loosen with each shot you take...if this loosens the BBL isn't in securely and will not shoot properly.

mike bell

:rofl:

only two extra parts........

:cool: how many did you shoot across the room and didnt notice??? thats the question :bounce:

Handgunner

:rofl:

only two extra parts........

:cool: how many did you shoot across the room and didnt notice??? thats the question :bounce:
Mike, being a gunsmith you should know this well.

After years of tinkering with guns, you eventually have enough parts left over to make yourself a new one.. :bounce:

mike bell

My Glock 17L is a frankinstein of Glock parts. I played around with the trigger bar and striker to get a 2lb trigger. I have since taken it out due to the fact that I always had problems and it was unreliable. :eek: It was nice though when it worked....

If you work on guns yall need to know one other thing...

::; You will be on your knees! ::;