daylight savings time changed

neckringer

This could bother you if you hunt before going to work. as you will have much less time or no time.
a new law is going into effect changing daylight savings change from april 2nd and pulling it back to march 11
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/daylight_time.html

hawglips

Banned
I hate it. I wished they'd wait till after turkey season to switch to daylight savings time.

beginnersluck

It'll hurt us during turkey season in the mornings, but help us during the deer season in the evenings. I wish we would just leave it alone and not change the time at all.

SBG

It'll hurt us during turkey season in the mornings, but help us during the deer season in the evenings. I wish we would just leave it alone and not change the time at all.

I'm stupid...help me out here. How does it hurt morning turkey hunting?:huh: :)

SBG

You don't have as much "daylight" time to hunt before work on the week days.

10-4! I gotcha...well I don't have banker or lawyer hours so that doesn't impact me.:biggrin2: :rofl: It does give me another hour a sleep on the weekends and days off though!

Adirondacker

As an outdoorsman I have always hated the way they change the time. Old system cut tie out of end of day during deer season and took away from the am turkey hunting. I don't have enough time to turkey hunt before work at my current job so this newest change actually gives me more time to go after them after work.

When I hunted in NY I went after them just about every week day morning and could still make it to work (school) by 8 or 8:30. Of course I was further east so the sun rose earlier. Now I have to be to work shortly after 7 am so I don't even bother with week day hunts before work. But in GA aI get a who weeks vacation during turkey season!:cool:

DaddyPaul

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!!!!!! I hunt almost every morning of the season before going in to work and now it will cost me an "extra" hour of my leave time each morning. Just figure out a dang time and stick with it.:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Can you tell I am a little upset? Who needs an extra hour of sleep?:huh: For goodness sake folks it's turkey season!:cool: Plenty of time for sleep during the summer months.:mad: :mad:

DaddyPaul

OK I just checked and I only have about 500 hours of vacation time on the books. :p I should still be able to sneak a hunt or three in before work?;) :D Still don't like it though.:cry:

Huntinfool

Who needs an extra hour of sleep?:huh: For goodness sake folks it's turkey season!:cool: Plenty of time for sleep during the summer months.

Amen brother....Amen

Well that pretty much just bites the big one now don't it? I knew it was changing, but didn't realize it had snuck up on me.

:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Lostoutlaw

I'm at work by 530 so I don't care one way or other I just wish they would do something with it and leave it the Heck alone Or stay with the old ways just stop this stupid stuff moving around.....DANG:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :pop:

SBG

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!!!!!! I hunt almost every morning of the season before going in to work and now it will cost me an "extra" hour of my leave time each morning. Just figure out a dang time and stick with it.:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Can you tell I am a little upset? Who needs an extra hour of sleep?:huh: For goodness sake folks it's turkey season!:cool: Plenty of time for sleep during the summer months.:mad: :mad:

Daaaaannnng! What time do you fellers have to be to work?

I need to go back to work for myself....nah!:D

GA DAWG

I hate it myself it tearms of coonhunting.Dang want be getting dark for an hour later.

DaddyPaul

Daaaaannnng! What time do you fellers have to be to work?

I work for the State of Florida brother and during turkey season they don't see much of me!:bounce: I "have" to be at work when I get tired of chasin' turkeys on that particular morning!:biggrin2:

SBG

I work for the State of Florida brother and during turkey season they don't see much of me!:bounce: I "have" to be at work when I get tired of chasin' turkeys on that particular morning!:biggrin2:

:cool:

I work on a National Wildlife Refuge and have to drive by deer, turkeys and hawgs everyday. No hunting allowed...except for ducks.:crazy:

BubbaD

I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!!!!!!

Well that just figures! I finally get to where I can almost hunt from my office window and now the time has been cut short! Oh well...at least I am in charge now. I'll just have to set the hours a little different and work later in the day.
You are right DP about the sleep deal......Thats what Deer Season is for! Plenty of time then::ke: :bounce: :rofl:

hawglips

Banned

I'm with DaddyPaul!!!

Just BB

Totally off the subject of time change but I have an honest question for those who hunt before work. Mainly this would be more of a concern to Deer hunters. I'm sure you have a cut off time that you have to stop hunting. What if you shoot a deer 20 mins before that time and you have to either look for the deer, field dress it, drag it, Get it to a processor and all of the rest. Do you skip work? How do you do it? Honest question, not picking at anyone.

DaddyPaul

Totally off the subject of time change but I have an honest question for those who hunt before work. Mainly this would be more of a concern to Deer hunters. I'm sure you have a cut off time that you have to stop hunting. What if you shoot a deer 20 mins before that time and you have to either look for the deer, field dress it, drag it, Get it to a processor and all of the rest. Do you skip work? How do you do it? Honest question, not picking at anyone.

I have no "set time" to quit hunting. I tell 'em, "I'll be there when I get there!" I am very fortunate to have understanding supervisors and do my best to make 'em proud the rest of the year! If I get a turkey gobbling late in the morning I just call 'em on the cell and let 'em know. Same basic deal for deer hunting although I rarely get a deer to gobble late in the morning.:huh: :p