Lathe turned PENS

boneboy96

pics are lousy, but here are some pens I turned a few years back...going to try and organize the tools and workspace better so I can get back into some turning.

Attachments

• pens 001.jpg
    pens 001.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 1,015
  • pens 002.jpg
    pens 002.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,013
  • pens 004.jpg
    pens 004.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • pens 005.jpg
    pens 005.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 999
  • pens 006.jpg
    pens 006.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 975
  • pens 008.jpg
    pens 008.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 967

Lostoutlaw

yep dat is some mighty fine look'in work ya got right there

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Nice uns

Burl E.

Those are some nice pens you got there.
I also like the display cases. Are those spotted pens Corian?

Rick Alexander

Hey - that's cool

I go to a woodworking club near me on occasion and some of the guys there turn pens too. I've never tried it but it looks like a blast. Some of them turn deer horns too into pens that are awsome. I gotta try this.

Rick

boneboy96

thanks all for those kind words...yes Burl, those spotted pens are of a material like Corian...easy to turn but have to be careful that you don't overheat them when you apply the hot friction finish or during the sanding phase. :biggrin3:

boneboy96

I have sold some...usually just make them for gifts...that and for the mental therapy! :banginghe

boneboy96

I'm interested in a trade...a pen and or cash along for a knife...anyone? :rolleyes:

boneboy96

people have asked me for prices...they range from 15 to 35 bucks a piece depending on the type of wood used, etc.

OconeeDan

I have seen these with my own eyeballs, they are very nice! And you are right, they are lousy photos!
Get that shop set back up and start turning!