Let’s Get Started

canine933

Sheep’s wool in my experience will cause problems with mice. I’ve used it and had success with it, but had more trouble that it was worth to me. I just threw away two bags of it that I’ve had for years.

idk

Back to finding some places to try and trap . Called DNR to inquire about some of the nearby WMAs and was told it’s only for coyotes and during the may coyote season only. Gonna check around with some friends/family and see what we can come up with.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Started today, weather hasn't been the best, kind of warm, mid 30s to mid 60s, lots of mud.

13 snares and 9 DPs set this evening for the WV critters

Youngest granddaughter wants to go check them tomorrow and set some more, wish us luck

Last edited:

idk

I made a catch pole but not sure I like the clothes line tightener. Gotta dremel out the pvc a bit to see if it will stay in place better. May end up buying one if not. It seems to work, and was cheap. ‍ (saw em on YouTube)
Ended up taking a propane torch and heated the inside of the pvc a bit and stuck the tightener in the end, it cooled and feels pretty solid now so may work out! Gonna wrap it in somethin so I can get a better grip on it.

idk

Started today, weather hasn't been the best, kind of warm, mid 30s to mid 60s, lots of mud.

13 snares and 9 DPs set this evening for the WV critters

Youngest granddaughter wants to go check them tomorrow and set some more, wish us luck
Awesome! Good luck to yall! My son was interested til we ran out of possums to catch . I think we caught em all around the house, I poured out some cat food and got pictures of 3, put a trap out in same spot and they won’t come near it or eat the food on the ground around it. Or they just haven’t been back through. We will see if we can’t get somethin tonight. Gotta find us some coons next!

WOODIE13

Appreciate it, yall as well

Calling for 95% chance of rain tomorrow...we dove hunted in a down pour, I was ready to call it. Teagan said "We ain't gonna let a LITTLE RAIN stop us are we Papaw?"

Had to man up and actually shot a few

WOODIE13

Nothing but wet, but she did set 2 snares after I wired them in, taught her 10 and 10 and how to do guiding to get them to go into the snare.

Saw 5 deer, one really stood out, almost blonde compared to the others,maybe leucistic I believe.
IMG_20240210_131934.jpgIMG_20240210_131956.jpg

IMG_20240210_131939.jpg
20240210_124500.jpg

idk

furtaker

Sheep’s wool in my experience will cause problems with mice. I’ve used it and had success with it, but had more trouble that it was worth to me. I just threw away two bags of it that I’ve had for years.
A lot of trappers swear by it and use it constantly. I have a big bag of it but I really don't use it too often. Honestly I usually don't even think about it. I do have a little bag of white fur that I got from a craft store that I will throw in a dirt hole with my bait on occasion just to give a little visual attraction.

idk

Wet mornin, possum #5 I believe. Forgot there was an old line of barb wire a couple feet in front of the trap. Just inside the wood line and about a foot off the ground, it got me pretty good when I was walking up. Just about fell on top of em lol

Attachments

• IMG_4676.jpeg
    IMG_4676.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4677.jpeg
    IMG_4677.jpeg
    945.7 KB · Views: 11

WOODIE13

3 raccoons today after the blizzard, should be moving tonight. Set a couple traps and a few more snares on sign

20240213_164852.jpg20240213_175437.jpg20240213_174821.jpg

WOODIE13

Heck yeah! Beautiful, I wish we would get a little snow here lol (north ga)
They were calling for 10", but it went north of us about 50 miles

WOODIE13

Nothing today. Did put a couple sets in and a few more snares.

Set one tire set, heard some are having luck with it, critter has to put his foot in the center to smell it. Two different baits and gland lure in different spots.
Ain't gonna hurt the way my luck has been ;)
20240214_165946.jpg

WOODIE13

Yesterday and today a big 0, suppose to snow tonight, they should move