Question on Trapping Permit

idk

If I were to ask my neighbor/s if they would allow me to try and trap some coyotes i hear beside our house from time to time, would the landowner permit be sufficient or would I need the commercial permit? I had already planned on sending in for both, but was just curious. I am going to be following up and reading on some diff sets, baits etc and will go from there. I have my son interested in it as he wants to try and flesh some out and tan the hides. I thought we might have a coon around the house as something kept taking my grease bucket off my grill and leaving it in the yard, i setup a camera a few nights ago and it appears to be a possum. Or at least that was all that ate my bait (left over dinner meat). Going to try and see if anything else shows up. We have a pond and wood strip behind our house and fields all around the rest, coyotes go absolutely nuts on some nights in the field beside us. (cow pasture).
We have a pretty well used small trail coming out of the woods behind the house, where the pond is, into our back yard. I set the camera up next to that with a left over tin of food and we only got a possum on camera. Do they typically make trails or use those of other animals? I will set it up again tonight and see if anything else shows up. If we have some racoons then I may order some dog proofs and see if we cant catch one. We will be sure to share the journey.

Thanks all

furtaker

If you are going to set traps on somebody else's property then you need the commercial license.

idk

If you are going to set traps on somebody else's property then you need the commercial license.
Thank you, I thought that might be the case. As it kinda puts emphasis on land you own, just wanted to be sure :). Appreciate the reply

Doug B.

You will also need written permission from the landowners if you trap on someone else's land. Be sure and read the trapping regulations.
Also, this is a great place to come if you have questions or need help with figuring it out. There are a lot of good trappers here that are willing to help with any questions you may have.