Our first coon

Whit90

Never been into trapping much, but I want to expose my son to anything and everything hunting and fishing related that I can. We walked the little section of creek we have at the house and found a some tracks concentrated in a small area. Set a dog proof baited with some rice crispy treat. Only took one night. We skinned him out and put the pelt in the freezer to flesh and tan another day. Love getting him out in the woods with me!

I think my house dog realized exactly what he was born for. LolIMG_1946.jpegIMG_1949.jpegIMG_1954.jpegIMG_1951.jpeg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Very nice looking blue tick.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Black licorice cut into small pieces that will go by and under trigger works very well especially in wet weather

Whit90

Thanks for the suggestion. We re-baited last night with some dog food. Just using what I have here at the house. That dog food has a strong sent to it, so that’s good. Going to check here the trap now.

Wire Nut

I did the same for my son when he was little. We turned him loose on the farm once he was old enough to drive a 4 wheeler. He started setting his own traps and before long was catching coyotes. You’re doing a great thing for your son and you.

Hillbilly stalker

I did the same for my son when he was little. We turned him loose on the farm once he was old enough to drive a 4 wheeler. He started setting his own traps and before long was catching coyotes. You’re doing a great thing for your son and you.
Careful now......thats how Billy Coleman got started. ;)

1705242273543.png