Sorry trash thieves

Armyhunter17

Well at dinner tonight, with our NWTF chapter, and come out and both of my deer rifles are stolen from the truck. This was in columbus,ga. The 1 that really burns is my top tang safety m77 .270. Got it in 1985 as a graduation present from parents and I just lost my father at Thanksgiving this year. So any of y'all hearing or seeing a .270 Ruger m77 top tang and a Mossberg patriot in .308 for sale, drop me a line. They r on camera. Columbus police have tape, no tag. Insurance haha, unless i had the guns themselves. Serial numbers with cops, anyone hear of 1 for sale, keep ME in mind.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I hope u get your rifles back. Maybe they will spend some jail time.
I know your hopping mad and I would be too.

Good luck with recovery!!

Robert28

Any distinctive features about both guns that would make them easy to recognize? What model scopes were on them? Reason I ask is I check armslist often and they might show up on there.

That sucks man. Im sorry about your father as well. That's tuff. I know auto and home owners are of little use unless you have a rider for the weapons. An NRA membership provides me with very inexpensive insurance. Hope you find them.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I check online gun traders often too, I'll keep an eye out. I usually click and look at every m77 anyway.

I hate it that happened I hope you get them back!

Armyhunter17

No way to know I had any guns, they were hidden in cases on floorboard of truck under clothes in backseat of my truck. The m77 Ruger has a dime sized rough ding on fore end of stick where a buddy dropped on a rock back in 88. The sling has over 60 notches for deer that were killed with it over the years.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Check with Alpine pawn on Buena Vista rd, Money Mizer on Manchester epwy and the pawn shop next to Cat walk on Veterans pkwy. Put them on notice and they will call you if someone tries to bring em in.

HuntinJake_23

Check with Alpine pawn on Buena Vista rd, Money Mizer on Manchester epwy and the pawn shop next to Cat walk on Veterans pkwy. Put them on notice and they will call you if someone tries to bring em in.

If serial numbers were turned over to LEO then they are on the state and national database(GCIC/NCIC) and will come up as stolen if turned into any pawn shop. Also pawn shops are required to make a copy of the sellers driver’s license and take a finger print. Hope these dumb criminals get caught and the guns recovered.

Core Lokt

Hate it for you man, really do and I'm also sorry to hear of you loosing your father.

Did they break the glass out?

godogs57

RE: NRA insurance. I am a Lifetime member of the NRA and can tell you with a straight face that their insurance program is a straight out fraud. I had three guns stolen and their handling of the situation was a flat out disgrace. Their insurance program is one of the perks to get you to join...it's not there so you can actually collect on any claims. My points are echo'd by many who have, unfortunately, found themselves in the same situation of having guns stolen. Call em up, tell em you want to place a claim and you sit there and wait...and wait...and wait for the paperwork to arrive from the NRA. And it never does. Those who have received claim forms have not seen any action taken on them I've found out. Waste of time....

six

I'd check in Phenix City as well. Money Mizer on 280 and another pawn shop across the road from them. It's a long shot but worth trying.

misterpink

RE: NRA insurance. I am a Lifetime member of the NRA and can tell you with a straight face that their insurance program is a straight out fraud. I had three guns stolen and their handling of the situation was a flat out disgrace. Their insurance program is one of the perks to get you to join...it's not there so you can actually collect on any claims. My points are echo'd by many who have, unfortunately, found themselves in the same situation of having guns stolen. Call em up, tell em you want to place a claim and you sit there and wait...and wait...and wait for the paperwork to arrive from the NRA. And it never does. Those who have received claim forms have not seen any action taken on them I've found out. Waste of time....

Sorry to break the news but the NRA is a scam. Your membership fees are a drop in the bucket compared to corporate donations. They don't care about your right to bear arms, they care about sponsors right to sell you those arms. It's a good work though. Half to country believes everything NRA says.

Last edited:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
This pretty much sucks bigly and it's why I try to never leave my guns in my truck for any length of time, even if they are well concealed.

It was an NWTF banquet so naturally the thieves figured one of these vehicles is gonna have some guns in it.

Hope you get your guns back and the thieves die a slow painful death.