Who all leaves the vest at home?

01Foreman400

Staff member
I used to laugh at the man purse for turkey hunting. Last year I bought a Tom Teaser Quick Sack for really cheap. Figured I’d give it a try. After a couple of hunts I loved it. I won’t be wearing a vest anytime soon.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I hunted with a backpack with a dark brown plaid cushion strapped to it a few years. Then somebody bought me turkey vest as a gift about 25 yrs ago. Still using that cotton vest. I carry a chair now, so I there's not enough hands for a purse. lol

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Have never had a vest. Carry what I need in my shirt and pants pockets, around my neck or on my belt.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Not me , I’ve used the same one for probably 10 seasons, not sure brand , and I love it , and usually have it full , and the back pouch works great for the walk out .... if I’m lucky !

JHannah92

Ditched the vest last year for a fanny pack and my Hammock Seat. This year I've traded the fanny pack for a Tom Teasers sack, think I'm gonna like it better.

Gaswamp

been vestless for 15 years or more....

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member
Have never had a vest. Carry what I need in my shirt and pants pockets, around my neck or on my belt.

Same here. I`ve always traveled light.

billy336

Never had a vest, or wanted one really. Back pack with a cushion and camo with extra pockets

tad1

At times I feel like paring down my gear, but I don't know if I can do it! Things in my vest that I don't want to do without:

One each box call, slate call, mouth call.
chalk and abrasive for call conditioning
crow call and owl call
2 strikers
2 extra shotgun shells
Thermocell
10 wet wipes in Quart ziplock folded flat
stocking cap (early season for cold morning)
Bottle of Water
Snack or Snack Bar
And of Course the cushion sewn into the vest seat.

Now how else am I gonna carry all that?!!
JT

killerv

I use an old little big horn vest. I don't have to worry about finding a tree. I love it and bought a backup a few years back for when mine is wore out. I've got kids with me now so I need room for snacks, drinks, etc.

mose

I like my vest. Comfortable, and convenient.

six

I started many years ago without one, actually without a lot of stuff. Later on I got a vest and proceeded to fill it up with must have turkey killing equipment. Then several years later started eliminating a lot of the stuff in the vest. Then last year I finally ditched the vest and have no plans of going back to one.

Gut_Pile

I still use a vest but it is very simple and only has 3 pockets. I have ditched the seat cushion and swear my butt stays more comfortable

Cushions always "pinched" me in a way and after 20 minutes or so became very uncomfortable