Round the country father son road trip recap

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
JB, I commend you for this thread and what you did for your son before heading out into the world to continue discovering it. That was an amazing experience for both of you, I’m sure!

I’d give just about anything to do something similar with my son.

Thanks for sharing it here.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
JB, I commend you for this thread and what you did for your son before heading out into the world to continue discovering it. That was an amazing experience for both of you, I’m sure!

I’d give just about anything to do something similar with my son.

Thanks for sharing it here.

Thanks for saying that Jeff, and we were definitely very blessed to have been able to do this.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
What an awesome trip!!! Thanks for taking the time to write it up!!! Definitely a trip of a lifetime!!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
Great Job JB. I followed and commented along on FB but this was even better!! Great job!!! When Buzz gets ready to go to Wyoming i have family in Jackson Hole!!

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Great Job JB. I followed and commented along on FB but this was even better!! Great job!!! When Buzz gets ready to go to Wyoming i have family in Jackson Hole!!

Thanks Honkey! All the comments and encouragement over there was a big surprise to me, and was much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed this too. I just wish I could share the videos over here cause I got some good ones, but don't want to post them on youtube to be able to embed them.

As far as Wyoming goes, I will absolutely keep that in mind. For now, moving there is Buzz' post-college plan. He is 18, and plans have a way of changing for a kid that age, but, I hope he pulls it off........it would definitely be a cool life for a guy from the Atl suburbs, and it would be all the reason I need to go out there regularly :)

stringmusic

Absolutely awesome Brent! Glad everything went good on the trip man! Wyoming and Montana are two places I really want to go, I've got a feeling if I ever get out there I may never come back.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Absolutely awesome Brent! Glad everything went good on the trip man! Wyoming and Montana are two places I really want to go, I've got a feeling if I ever get out there I may never come back.

Thanks man, and, it's amazing out there. I kept saying it in here, and I really mean this, pictures, no matter how good the camera is, can't do it justice. Everywhere you look it's post card worthy. And, it's hard to explain but it feels different too......feels free. I hope you find a way to visit it one day, you won't regret it.

stringmusic

Thanks man! And, it's amazing out there. I kept saying it in here, and I really mean this, pictures, no matter how good the camera is, can't do it justice. Everywhere you look it's post card worthy. And, it's hard to explain but it feels different too......feels free. I hope you find a way to visit it one day, you won't regret it.
100% going next year with my wife. My parents did a mini road trip through about 6-7 states out west and said the same thing about pics not doing it justice.

And I WILL hunt elk in one of the sates out west before I die, that's a must on my bucket list.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
And I WILL hunt elk in one of the sates out west before I die, that's a must on my bucket list.

Same here. They were EVERYWHERE in Colorado, and Antelope are everywhere in Wyoming.

When you and your wife go update us on here, I'd enjoy hearing the story.

stringmusic

Happy Birthday Strang!!
Thanks lil fella, that means a lot coming from you.
Same here. They were EVERYWHERE in Colorado, and Antelope are everywhere in Wyoming.

When you and your wife go update us on here, I'd enjoy hearing the story.
10-4 will do. I'm already excited about it!

OmenHonkey

I Want Fancy Words TOO !
JB, I've been to Missoula and a little town Called Clyde Park, MT. Look it up!! I snowmobiled thru part of Teton national Park and Yellowstone. Bout kilt myself out there.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
JB, I've been to Missoula and a little town Called Clyde Park, MT. Look it up!! I snowmobiled thru part of Teton national Park and Yellowstone. Bout kilt myself out there.

I bet it would be a blast to snowmobile out there. Kids out there don't have to go anywhere for ski trips like Ga kids do, they prolly just get a snowmobile to take em up the mountains........

I'll look up Clyde Park also. Im going to try n go on a fishing trip to Flathead Lake Montana next year or the year after that, we'll see, this trip has me itching to spend more time out there, for sure!

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
:cheers: Awsome read and great pics, thanks for sharing!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
JB...Just finished reading this thread. Holy Cow! What an incredible experience for the both of you. Hat's off to a great dad!

X2! That's a trip of a lifetime. Really enjoyed the read Brent.rockon.gif

DSGB

The first thing we noticed is these guys' accent.........it almost sounded new yorkish. It wasn't cajun like the swamp people, and I can't remember what they called it, but they had a word for it.

I think that's what they call a "yat" accent.

What an incredible adventure and graduation present for your son! Thanks for sharing it with us!

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I think that's what they call a "yat" accent.

That might be it. We were just a little confused, here we were expecting "swamp people" and they were talking something more like the Bronx :) I had never even heard of this accent, but they all had it. And, thanks!

Trigabby

Thank you for the great read and wonderful pictures. Certainly a trip of a life time and I'm sure Buzz will always remember and be thankful for the time spent...

Did you keep a record of what the overall expenditure was? Just curious..