While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Artfuldodger

I like Ottmar Liebert. He plays a modern flamenco style. He does a version of Little Wing, Kasmir, and Paint It Black.

For fingerstyle I like Leo Kottke & Ry Cooder. I also like John Hiatt although I'm not sure what he is classified as pertaining to his guitar style.

We had a couple of Piedmont Blues players come from North Carolina to our museum to teach us about that genre. One guy played the guitar and the other one played the harmonica. They were both pretty good. Piedmont Picking patterns may have made it a little different.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Can't believe I saw this thread this morning. My son left most of his guitars at our house when he moved out. I look at them daily and sing this song.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I’ll take your list and add Duane Allman , Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dickie Betts and Chet Atkins

He's got Stevie and Duane in there.:wink:

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll take your list and add Duane Allman , Stevie Ray Vaughn, Dickie Betts and Chet Atkins
Who do you think the Stevie and Duane I was referring to were? :bounce:

Reactions: Dub

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like Ottmar Liebert. He plays a modern flamenco style. He does a version of Little Wing, Kasmir, and Paint It Black.

For fingerstyle I like Leo Kottke & Ry Cooder. I also like John Hiatt although I'm not sure what he is classified as pertaining to his guitar style.

We had a couple of Piedmont Blues players come from North Carolina to our museum to teach us about that genre. One guy played the guitar and the other one played the harmonica. They were both pretty good. Piedmont Picking patterns may have made it a little different.
Oh yeah, Ry Cooder needs to be on the list, too, for sure. And probably Warren Haynes. And Jimmy Olander. There was a guy named Steve Hufsteter who played guitar for Tito and Tarantula for a few years that I really liked, too.

Last edited:

someguyintraffic

My favorite/most influential guitarists as a guitar picker myself:

Hendrix. Stevie. Gary Rossington. Steve Gaines. Pete Anderson. Tony Rice. Jimmy Page. Tony Iommi. Zakk Wylde. Justin Johnson. Albert King. Duane. Dave Hlubeck. Huey Thomasson. Billy Gibbons for sure. Junior Johnson. Clarence White. Paul Barrere. Luther Perkins. Many more.

Gotta throw Bonamassa in their as a current. His look and stage presence and voice aint cuttingbthe mustard but his playing is impeccable.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I'll add Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke in there, too. That boy can work on a git-tar.

Cmp1

BANNED
Peter Frampton,,,,check is version of While my Guitar gently weeps,,,,,
Neil Young invented grunge,,,,

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I’ll second Joe Bonamassa,probably the best modern blues guitarist,,,,

hard to beat the man....
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jester896

Senior Clown