Lose sight

Stainlessman

I have a Ruger SR22 that I've carried countless hours.
50% in holster , 50% of the time just in my rear or front pocket.
Last week as I was pulling it from my pocket I noticed the rear sight was off to one side.
So it looked simple enough, slide it to the center. Tighten the screw. Right. The screw won't tighten. So I gently took out the screw is it stripped out ? Doesn't look like it.
Sight is spring loaded. I again gently flipped it up. Screw looks fine but it won't tighten down. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20231217_081950.jpg
    20231217_081950.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231217_082040.jpg
    20231217_082040.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 25

Skeeter XRi

I’m pretty sure that screw on top of the sight is to adjust the elevation, not the tension in the dovetail. If the sight is actually moving the dovetail, you can remove it and use a punch to raise a small amount of metal on the underside, then reinstall. Another option might be a drop of loctite in the dovetail.

Let us know what you find regardless.

jim

Jester896

Senior Clown
does it have a plastic rear sight?

Found this:
The original sights were fine, but after a few years, the plastic rear sight began to move around on the slide. These Williams sights are a worthwhile upgrade, the fiber optics light pipes make the sights really stand out. The front sight does require careful fitting before driving it home into the dovetail cut.