My Today's Projects

rosewood

The cant level I ordered was for a Weaver rail and will not attach properly the the picatinny...if someone needs one for theirs send me a PM.
I am betting the one you bought was designed to fit a Weaver and not a Picatinny mount. I have ran across that before and had to modify it to make it fit.

Rosewood

Dub

I am betting the one you bought was designed to fit a Weaver and not a Picatinny mount. I have ran across that before and had to modify it to make it fit.

Rosewood

Man....tell it. :cheers:

Been there and done that, too.

I was sitting there...all confudled....things weren't fitting together right.....and I grew up in the Kool-Aid & LEGO generation....and couldn't make sense of it.

Admittedly it was a one of my early venture into rails. I'd never used anything other than the type of mated bases & rings like were on my deer rifles.

It was my first tactile indicator that I wasn't very tactical and would never achieve my "operator" merit badge at the rate I was going. :rofl:

Funny stuff.....my realization that all this sniper stuff wasn't all LEGOs. :bounce:

(At least it was only a few bucks....no outrage experienced like that which the young Stacey Abrams likely felt once realizing the world wasn't a ham sammich).

rosewood

this is what I ordered...I went back and looked. Package states weaver rail not picatinny

That is same one I have, had to grind off one side of it so it would tighten down completely. I just use mine for leveling my scope reticle.

Jester896

Senior Clown
That scope has all the zoomies! I like it alot.
Nightforce NSX 5.5-22X56 NP-R1 illuminated reticle. If that wasn't a 0 cant base I think it wouldn't have GON in those low rings.

You can range at the mark just above 15X for 30MOA or 22X for the regular 20MOA. You can do that with any of them really if you know the math...this one just has one in both places.

I need to order a stock pack for it.

rosewood

Jester896

Senior Clown
couldn't stand the shine, took it back apart his morning. Went to Lowes and picked up a can of flat clear Krylon Fusion and hit it.

IMG_1761.jpg
IMG_1762.jpg

application temp was right at the top of the range in my shop this morning...74* and the humidity was 20% under at 45%. It shouldn't cloud like some said they had issues with. The probably sprayed it outside with 90% humidity. That took the gloss off anyway.

All that is left is reassembly and run the string line to check reticle.